Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
If you saw the play — or even watched the video above — you knew this was coming.
Denver’s Arron Afflalo has been suspended one game for throwing an elbow to the head of Utah’s Gordon Hayward during the third quarter of the Jazz’s win Friday night. Afflalo was ejected from that game and will sit out the Nugget’s game Sunday against Minnesota.
Afflalo is not a dirty player, I think he was trying to box out and got his elbow up, but the suspension warranted.
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 0
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 9
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)