Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If you saw the play — or even watched the video above — you knew this was coming.
Denver’s Arron Afflalo has been suspended one game for throwing an elbow to the head of Utah’s Gordon Hayward during the third quarter of the Jazz’s win Friday night. Afflalo was ejected from that game and will sit out the Nugget’s game Sunday against Minnesota.
Afflalo is not a dirty player, I think he was trying to box out and got his elbow up, but the suspension warranted.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49