Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If you saw the play — or even watched the video above — you knew this was coming.
Denver’s Arron Afflalo has been suspended one game for throwing an elbow to the head of Utah’s Gordon Hayward during the third quarter of the Jazz’s win Friday night. Afflalo was ejected from that game and will sit out the Nugget’s game Sunday against Minnesota.
Afflalo is not a dirty player, I think he was trying to box out and got his elbow up, but the suspension warranted.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11