Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
If you saw the play — or even watched the video above — you knew this was coming.
Denver’s Arron Afflalo has been suspended one game for throwing an elbow to the head of Utah’s Gordon Hayward during the third quarter of the Jazz’s win Friday night. Afflalo was ejected from that game and will sit out the Nugget’s game Sunday against Minnesota.
Afflalo is not a dirty player, I think he was trying to box out and got his elbow up, but the suspension warranted.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11