Mar 23, 2012, 1:34 AM EDT
This fourth quarter flagrant 2 foul rightfully got Smith ejected from the game and he can expect a multiple game suspension to come down on Friday. As it should be. There was no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. That was a hockey check. Which it turns out is still illegal in the NBA.
The Hornets beat the Clippers in part because they were the more feisty team that would not back down, would not give an inch. But Smith took it too far. Way too far. And he’s going to feel that in his pocketbook come Friday.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 2
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 12
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27