Mar 23, 2012, 1:34 AM EDT
This fourth quarter flagrant 2 foul rightfully got Smith ejected from the game and he can expect a multiple game suspension to come down on Friday. As it should be. There was no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. That was a hockey check. Which it turns out is still illegal in the NBA.
The Hornets beat the Clippers in part because they were the more feisty team that would not back down, would not give an inch. But Smith took it too far. Way too far. And he’s going to feel that in his pocketbook come Friday.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 1
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 1
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 10
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 11
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13