Mar 23, 2012, 1:34 AM EDT
This fourth quarter flagrant 2 foul rightfully got Smith ejected from the game and he can expect a multiple game suspension to come down on Friday. As it should be. There was no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. That was a hockey check. Which it turns out is still illegal in the NBA.
The Hornets beat the Clippers in part because they were the more feisty team that would not back down, would not give an inch. But Smith took it too far. Way too far. And he’s going to feel that in his pocketbook come Friday.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31