Mar 23, 2012, 1:34 AM EDT
This fourth quarter flagrant 2 foul rightfully got Smith ejected from the game and he can expect a multiple game suspension to come down on Friday. As it should be. There was no attempt to play the ball whatsoever. That was a hockey check. Which it turns out is still illegal in the NBA.
The Hornets beat the Clippers in part because they were the more feisty team that would not back down, would not give an inch. But Smith took it too far. Way too far. And he’s going to feel that in his pocketbook come Friday.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65