Mar 23, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
We all knew a suspension was coming for that hit, the question was for how long?
Jason Smith will be suspended for two games by the league for his hockey check of Blake Griffin during the Hornets victory over the Clippers Thursday night, the league has announced. He will miss a game Sunday against the Spurs then a Monday rematch with the Clippers (that the Clippers was the second game almost ensured at least a two-game suspension as the league tries to avoid any retaliation).
The question of hard fouls on Griffin is a complex one that our own Matt Moore discussed in great detail. The book on Griffin is to be physical with him, but this was beyond any reasonable likes. It was a takedown with no play on the ball. Smith is lucky it is only two games.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45