Mar 23, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
We all knew a suspension was coming for that hit, the question was for how long?
Jason Smith will be suspended for two games by the league for his hockey check of Blake Griffin during the Hornets victory over the Clippers Thursday night, the league has announced. He will miss a game Sunday against the Spurs then a Monday rematch with the Clippers (that the Clippers was the second game almost ensured at least a two-game suspension as the league tries to avoid any retaliation).
The question of hard fouls on Griffin is a complex one that our own Matt Moore discussed in great detail. The book on Griffin is to be physical with him, but this was beyond any reasonable likes. It was a takedown with no play on the ball. Smith is lucky it is only two games.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 6
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5