Mar 22, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Mark Sanchez may not be thrilled (nor are some other Jets if you read twitter), but Jeremy Lin is pumped up for it.
Lin has said before that he is a fan of Tim Tebow — both men are very religious, although it is more low-key with Lin while it is wrapped up in the very public persona of Tebow.
“It’s awesome. I’m just excited for him and to see what he does,” Lin said after delivering a huge fourth quarter in the Knicks’ 82-79 win over the 76ers last night. “We’ll see what happens next year, but I’m excited obviously that he’s going to be in New York….
“I’ve only talked to him like once,” Lin said. “But he’s a great guy from everything I hear, and the conversation I had with him was great as well.”
The two situations are different — Tebow comes in behind an established quarterback, the Knicks were desperately searching for a point guard when Lin came on the scene. But maybe they can talk about combustible coaching situations, they have that in common.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 12
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 9
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (100)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'