Mar 22, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Mark Sanchez may not be thrilled (nor are some other Jets if you read twitter), but Jeremy Lin is pumped up for it.
Lin has said before that he is a fan of Tim Tebow — both men are very religious, although it is more low-key with Lin while it is wrapped up in the very public persona of Tebow.
“It’s awesome. I’m just excited for him and to see what he does,” Lin said after delivering a huge fourth quarter in the Knicks’ 82-79 win over the 76ers last night. “We’ll see what happens next year, but I’m excited obviously that he’s going to be in New York….
“I’ve only talked to him like once,” Lin said. “But he’s a great guy from everything I hear, and the conversation I had with him was great as well.”
The two situations are different — Tebow comes in behind an established quarterback, the Knicks were desperately searching for a point guard when Lin came on the scene. But maybe they can talk about combustible coaching situations, they have that in common.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10