Mar 22, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Mark Sanchez may not be thrilled (nor are some other Jets if you read twitter), but Jeremy Lin is pumped up for it.
Lin has said before that he is a fan of Tim Tebow — both men are very religious, although it is more low-key with Lin while it is wrapped up in the very public persona of Tebow.
“It’s awesome. I’m just excited for him and to see what he does,” Lin said after delivering a huge fourth quarter in the Knicks’ 82-79 win over the 76ers last night. “We’ll see what happens next year, but I’m excited obviously that he’s going to be in New York….
“I’ve only talked to him like once,” Lin said. “But he’s a great guy from everything I hear, and the conversation I had with him was great as well.”
The two situations are different — Tebow comes in behind an established quarterback, the Knicks were desperately searching for a point guard when Lin came on the scene. But maybe they can talk about combustible coaching situations, they have that in common.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 0
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32