Mar 22, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Mark Sanchez may not be thrilled (nor are some other Jets if you read twitter), but Jeremy Lin is pumped up for it.
Lin has said before that he is a fan of Tim Tebow — both men are very religious, although it is more low-key with Lin while it is wrapped up in the very public persona of Tebow.
“It’s awesome. I’m just excited for him and to see what he does,” Lin said after delivering a huge fourth quarter in the Knicks’ 82-79 win over the 76ers last night. “We’ll see what happens next year, but I’m excited obviously that he’s going to be in New York….
“I’ve only talked to him like once,” Lin said. “But he’s a great guy from everything I hear, and the conversation I had with him was great as well.”
The two situations are different — Tebow comes in behind an established quarterback, the Knicks were desperately searching for a point guard when Lin came on the scene. But maybe they can talk about combustible coaching situations, they have that in common.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 62
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65