Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
JaVale McGee had quite the debut with the Denver Nuggets — 15 points on the night including these two, which won the game.
The Nuggets were down 3 to Detroit — mostly because Ben Gordon had gone off for 45 points — when Arron Afflalo made a spinning layup with 5.6 seconds, and drew the and-1. He hits that free throw and this game likely heads to overtime.
Instead he missed it, but did you see how McGee stepped back toward the free throw line to create space with Greg Monroe then used his athleticism to just explode around him then get position. Then he hangs in the air while he waits for the ball to come off the cylinder.
There’s never been any question McGee had talent. We’ll see if George Karl and the Nuggets can get him to play smarter and use it those skills more.
- PBT Extra: What does Kevin Love’s injury mean for his summer plans? 0
- Report: Lakers interested in signing Rajon Rondo as a free agent ‘only at a certain low price’ 18
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 30
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 26
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 8
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25