Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
JaVale McGee had quite the debut with the Denver Nuggets — 15 points on the night including these two, which won the game.
The Nuggets were down 3 to Detroit — mostly because Ben Gordon had gone off for 45 points — when Arron Afflalo made a spinning layup with 5.6 seconds, and drew the and-1. He hits that free throw and this game likely heads to overtime.
Instead he missed it, but did you see how McGee stepped back toward the free throw line to create space with Greg Monroe then used his athleticism to just explode around him then get position. Then he hangs in the air while he waits for the ball to come off the cylinder.
There’s never been any question McGee had talent. We’ll see if George Karl and the Nuggets can get him to play smarter and use it those skills more.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43