Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
JaVale McGee had quite the debut with the Denver Nuggets — 15 points on the night including these two, which won the game.
The Nuggets were down 3 to Detroit — mostly because Ben Gordon had gone off for 45 points — when Arron Afflalo made a spinning layup with 5.6 seconds, and drew the and-1. He hits that free throw and this game likely heads to overtime.
Instead he missed it, but did you see how McGee stepped back toward the free throw line to create space with Greg Monroe then used his athleticism to just explode around him then get position. Then he hangs in the air while he waits for the ball to come off the cylinder.
There’s never been any question McGee had talent. We’ll see if George Karl and the Nuggets can get him to play smarter and use it those skills more.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20