Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
JaVale McGee had quite the debut with the Denver Nuggets — 15 points on the night including these two, which won the game.
The Nuggets were down 3 to Detroit — mostly because Ben Gordon had gone off for 45 points — when Arron Afflalo made a spinning layup with 5.6 seconds, and drew the and-1. He hits that free throw and this game likely heads to overtime.
Instead he missed it, but did you see how McGee stepped back toward the free throw line to create space with Greg Monroe then used his athleticism to just explode around him then get position. Then he hangs in the air while he waits for the ball to come off the cylinder.
There’s never been any question McGee had talent. We’ll see if George Karl and the Nuggets can get him to play smarter and use it those skills more.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22