Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
JaVale McGee had quite the debut with the Denver Nuggets — 15 points on the night including these two, which won the game.
The Nuggets were down 3 to Detroit — mostly because Ben Gordon had gone off for 45 points — when Arron Afflalo made a spinning layup with 5.6 seconds, and drew the and-1. He hits that free throw and this game likely heads to overtime.
Instead he missed it, but did you see how McGee stepped back toward the free throw line to create space with Greg Monroe then used his athleticism to just explode around him then get position. Then he hangs in the air while he waits for the ball to come off the cylinder.
There’s never been any question McGee had talent. We’ll see if George Karl and the Nuggets can get him to play smarter and use it those skills more.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36