Mar 22, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
There was some controversy about the Spurs deciding to retire Bruce Bowen’s No. 12. Most of that seemed to come from outside San Antonio, but it was there. People said that Bowen was a glorified role player not a guy who was integral to the Spurs titles.
Gregg Popovich didn’t feel that way. That’s good enough for me.
Above is the unveiling of the jersey and part of Bowen’s speech. Enjoy. The only thing that would have made it better? A little bow tie on the jersey in the rafters.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11