Mar 22, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
There was some controversy about the Spurs deciding to retire Bruce Bowen’s No. 12. Most of that seemed to come from outside San Antonio, but it was there. People said that Bowen was a glorified role player not a guy who was integral to the Spurs titles.
Gregg Popovich didn’t feel that way. That’s good enough for me.
Above is the unveiling of the jersey and part of Bowen’s speech. Enjoy. The only thing that would have made it better? A little bow tie on the jersey in the rafters.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4