Mar 22, 2012, 3:10 PM EST
There was some controversy about the Spurs deciding to retire Bruce Bowen’s No. 12. Most of that seemed to come from outside San Antonio, but it was there. People said that Bowen was a glorified role player not a guy who was integral to the Spurs titles.
Gregg Popovich didn’t feel that way. That’s good enough for me.
Above is the unveiling of the jersey and part of Bowen’s speech. Enjoy. The only thing that would have made it better? A little bow tie on the jersey in the rafters.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 0
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)