Mar 22, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
There was some controversy about the Spurs deciding to retire Bruce Bowen’s No. 12. Most of that seemed to come from outside San Antonio, but it was there. People said that Bowen was a glorified role player not a guy who was integral to the Spurs titles.
Gregg Popovich didn’t feel that way. That’s good enough for me.
Above is the unveiling of the jersey and part of Bowen’s speech. Enjoy. The only thing that would have made it better? A little bow tie on the jersey in the rafters.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32