Mar 22, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
There was some controversy about the Spurs deciding to retire Bruce Bowen’s No. 12. Most of that seemed to come from outside San Antonio, but it was there. People said that Bowen was a glorified role player not a guy who was integral to the Spurs titles.
Gregg Popovich didn’t feel that way. That’s good enough for me.
Above is the unveiling of the jersey and part of Bowen’s speech. Enjoy. The only thing that would have made it better? A little bow tie on the jersey in the rafters.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 14
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 22
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 18
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23