Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, this would have been a much bigger issue for the Thunder.
Daequan Cook has sprained his right knee and will be out 2-3 weeks, according to the Oklahoman. Cook had been starting in place of the injured Thabo Sefolosha, but with Sefolosha back the Thunder should be able to weather this without much trouble.
Cook is almost exclusively a three-point shooter for the Thunder, but he is only hitting 33.9 percent of his shots from there this season. He is averaging 5.7 points per game. Lazar Hayward will now get the minutes as the backup two guard.
Like a lot of injuries you see in the next few weeks, the goal for the team is to make sure Cook is as close to 100 percent as he can be entering the playoffs. Expect the Thunder to take their time with this one.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15