Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, this would have been a much bigger issue for the Thunder.
Daequan Cook has sprained his right knee and will be out 2-3 weeks, according to the Oklahoman. Cook had been starting in place of the injured Thabo Sefolosha, but with Sefolosha back the Thunder should be able to weather this without much trouble.
Cook is almost exclusively a three-point shooter for the Thunder, but he is only hitting 33.9 percent of his shots from there this season. He is averaging 5.7 points per game. Lazar Hayward will now get the minutes as the backup two guard.
Like a lot of injuries you see in the next few weeks, the goal for the team is to make sure Cook is as close to 100 percent as he can be entering the playoffs. Expect the Thunder to take their time with this one.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 0
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 67
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34