Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, this would have been a much bigger issue for the Thunder.
Daequan Cook has sprained his right knee and will be out 2-3 weeks, according to the Oklahoman. Cook had been starting in place of the injured Thabo Sefolosha, but with Sefolosha back the Thunder should be able to weather this without much trouble.
Cook is almost exclusively a three-point shooter for the Thunder, but he is only hitting 33.9 percent of his shots from there this season. He is averaging 5.7 points per game. Lazar Hayward will now get the minutes as the backup two guard.
Like a lot of injuries you see in the next few weeks, the goal for the team is to make sure Cook is as close to 100 percent as he can be entering the playoffs. Expect the Thunder to take their time with this one.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50