Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, this would have been a much bigger issue for the Thunder.
Daequan Cook has sprained his right knee and will be out 2-3 weeks, according to the Oklahoman. Cook had been starting in place of the injured Thabo Sefolosha, but with Sefolosha back the Thunder should be able to weather this without much trouble.
Cook is almost exclusively a three-point shooter for the Thunder, but he is only hitting 33.9 percent of his shots from there this season. He is averaging 5.7 points per game. Lazar Hayward will now get the minutes as the backup two guard.
Like a lot of injuries you see in the next few weeks, the goal for the team is to make sure Cook is as close to 100 percent as he can be entering the playoffs. Expect the Thunder to take their time with this one.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89