Mar 22, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, this would have been a much bigger issue for the Thunder.
Daequan Cook has sprained his right knee and will be out 2-3 weeks, according to the Oklahoman. Cook had been starting in place of the injured Thabo Sefolosha, but with Sefolosha back the Thunder should be able to weather this without much trouble.
Cook is almost exclusively a three-point shooter for the Thunder, but he is only hitting 33.9 percent of his shots from there this season. He is averaging 5.7 points per game. Lazar Hayward will now get the minutes as the backup two guard.
Like a lot of injuries you see in the next few weeks, the goal for the team is to make sure Cook is as close to 100 percent as he can be entering the playoffs. Expect the Thunder to take their time with this one.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38