Mar 22, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Who does Larry King think he is, Adrian Wojnarowski?
King — yes, suspender wearing, retired talk show host Larry King — took to twitter Wednesday to weigh in on the Dwight Howard saga a week after the fact. But what he tweeted is interesting (via Orlando Pinstriped Post):
You read it here. Dwight Howard had agreed to be traded to the Nets, but had a last minute change of heart and stayed with the Magic.
Howard was all over the map the last 72 hours before the trade deadline, not wanting to leave Orlando but trying to keep his free agent options open through the summer. The Magic had come to their senses and were going to have none of it — Howard had to give up his option on next season and stay with the team or they were going to trade him. When push came to shove, Howard gave up his option and stayed with the team.
Somewhere in there, the Magic and Nets certainly talked deal in some detail. And it is possible the parameters of a deal were in place. Did it get so far as Howard okaying it then changing his mind? Larry King says yes, you can decide for yourself. These situations are very fluid and what is agreed to on one side is not seen as a deal on the other.
But maybe Wojnarowski and Chris Broussard should start going with the suspender look. Just sayin’.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20