Mar 22, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Who does Larry King think he is, Adrian Wojnarowski?
King — yes, suspender wearing, retired talk show host Larry King — took to twitter Wednesday to weigh in on the Dwight Howard saga a week after the fact. But what he tweeted is interesting (via Orlando Pinstriped Post):
You read it here. Dwight Howard had agreed to be traded to the Nets, but had a last minute change of heart and stayed with the Magic.
Howard was all over the map the last 72 hours before the trade deadline, not wanting to leave Orlando but trying to keep his free agent options open through the summer. The Magic had come to their senses and were going to have none of it — Howard had to give up his option on next season and stay with the team or they were going to trade him. When push came to shove, Howard gave up his option and stayed with the team.
Somewhere in there, the Magic and Nets certainly talked deal in some detail. And it is possible the parameters of a deal were in place. Did it get so far as Howard okaying it then changing his mind? Larry King says yes, you can decide for yourself. These situations are very fluid and what is agreed to on one side is not seen as a deal on the other.
But maybe Wojnarowski and Chris Broussard should start going with the suspender look. Just sayin’.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9