Mar 22, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Who does Larry King think he is, Adrian Wojnarowski?
King — yes, suspender wearing, retired talk show host Larry King — took to twitter Wednesday to weigh in on the Dwight Howard saga a week after the fact. But what he tweeted is interesting (via Orlando Pinstriped Post):
You read it here. Dwight Howard had agreed to be traded to the Nets, but had a last minute change of heart and stayed with the Magic.
Howard was all over the map the last 72 hours before the trade deadline, not wanting to leave Orlando but trying to keep his free agent options open through the summer. The Magic had come to their senses and were going to have none of it — Howard had to give up his option on next season and stay with the team or they were going to trade him. When push came to shove, Howard gave up his option and stayed with the team.
Somewhere in there, the Magic and Nets certainly talked deal in some detail. And it is possible the parameters of a deal were in place. Did it get so far as Howard okaying it then changing his mind? Larry King says yes, you can decide for yourself. These situations are very fluid and what is agreed to on one side is not seen as a deal on the other.
But maybe Wojnarowski and Chris Broussard should start going with the suspender look. Just sayin’.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85