Mar 22, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Who does Larry King think he is, Adrian Wojnarowski?
King — yes, suspender wearing, retired talk show host Larry King — took to twitter Wednesday to weigh in on the Dwight Howard saga a week after the fact. But what he tweeted is interesting (via Orlando Pinstriped Post):
You read it here. Dwight Howard had agreed to be traded to the Nets, but had a last minute change of heart and stayed with the Magic.
Howard was all over the map the last 72 hours before the trade deadline, not wanting to leave Orlando but trying to keep his free agent options open through the summer. The Magic had come to their senses and were going to have none of it — Howard had to give up his option on next season and stay with the team or they were going to trade him. When push came to shove, Howard gave up his option and stayed with the team.
Somewhere in there, the Magic and Nets certainly talked deal in some detail. And it is possible the parameters of a deal were in place. Did it get so far as Howard okaying it then changing his mind? Larry King says yes, you can decide for yourself. These situations are very fluid and what is agreed to on one side is not seen as a deal on the other.
But maybe Wojnarowski and Chris Broussard should start going with the suspender look. Just sayin’.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14