Mar 21, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If floppers aren’t your thing, how about a look at the best benches in the NBA?
• Shaq was on Conan O’Brien last night, saying Shaq thing.
• Yao Ming was back in Houston Tuesday night, talking about life after basketball.
• Stephon Marbury’s team in China won the conference finals, which caused Marbury to break down in tears of joy.
• Why going small works for the Heat.
• The Spurs still plan on signing Patty Mills, but there are visa issues with the Australian holding up his arrival.
• From Ken Berger at CBSSports.com: Minnesota is 18-13 (.581) with Rubio as its starting point guard this season and 5-11 (.313) when anyone else starts.
• Another great stat, this one from John Schuhmann at NBA.com: The Bulls are 8-1 in games in which their opponent has at least one day of rest and they do not.
• As expected, the 76ers have waived forward Andres Nocioni.
• A Q&A with Enes Kanter.
• A great example of what is wrong with the NCAA.
• Spurs guard Cory Joseph tis headed o the Austin Toros of the D-League.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30