Mar 21, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If floppers aren’t your thing, how about a look at the best benches in the NBA?
• Shaq was on Conan O’Brien last night, saying Shaq thing.
• Yao Ming was back in Houston Tuesday night, talking about life after basketball.
• Stephon Marbury’s team in China won the conference finals, which caused Marbury to break down in tears of joy.
• Why going small works for the Heat.
• The Spurs still plan on signing Patty Mills, but there are visa issues with the Australian holding up his arrival.
• From Ken Berger at CBSSports.com: Minnesota is 18-13 (.581) with Rubio as its starting point guard this season and 5-11 (.313) when anyone else starts.
• Another great stat, this one from John Schuhmann at NBA.com: The Bulls are 8-1 in games in which their opponent has at least one day of rest and they do not.
• As expected, the 76ers have waived forward Andres Nocioni.
• A Q&A with Enes Kanter.
• A great example of what is wrong with the NCAA.
• Spurs guard Cory Joseph tis headed o the Austin Toros of the D-League.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6