Mar 21, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If floppers aren’t your thing, how about a look at the best benches in the NBA?
• Shaq was on Conan O’Brien last night, saying Shaq thing.
• Yao Ming was back in Houston Tuesday night, talking about life after basketball.
• Stephon Marbury’s team in China won the conference finals, which caused Marbury to break down in tears of joy.
• Why going small works for the Heat.
• The Spurs still plan on signing Patty Mills, but there are visa issues with the Australian holding up his arrival.
• From Ken Berger at CBSSports.com: Minnesota is 18-13 (.581) with Rubio as its starting point guard this season and 5-11 (.313) when anyone else starts.
• Another great stat, this one from John Schuhmann at NBA.com: The Bulls are 8-1 in games in which their opponent has at least one day of rest and they do not.
• As expected, the 76ers have waived forward Andres Nocioni.
• A Q&A with Enes Kanter.
• A great example of what is wrong with the NCAA.
• Spurs guard Cory Joseph tis headed o the Austin Toros of the D-League.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10