Mar 21, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
I’ve been hard on Joe Lacob the last 24 hours saying that he brought the boos on himself. First, never take the microphone after the guest of honor (he spoke after Chris Mullin at Mullin’s jersey retirement). Second, he has broken the classic marketing rule — he’s over-promised and under-delivered as Warriors owner so far. The franchise talked playoffs despite a blah roster, Lacob talked Klay Thompson as rookie of the year, he called the Monta Ellis for Andrew Bogut trade “transcendent.”
But you have got to give the man this — he is not hiding. He got booed by the fans and the next day did talk radio and sat down for a show on CSNBayArea to talk about it. We have that video above.
Warriors fans, this guy and this ownership are better than the previous ownership. First, they are really trying to change things. They are being more open. Yes, the proof is in the results and they have yet to get any. Yes, they hired a coach without any previous coaching experience. There have been missteps. But you can see a real commitment to trying to turn the franchise around, and that alone is a refreshing change. He deserves some time to try and do that before you turn on him.
Oh, and pick your spots better to express your displeasure.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16