Mar 21, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
I’ve been hard on Joe Lacob the last 24 hours saying that he brought the boos on himself. First, never take the microphone after the guest of honor (he spoke after Chris Mullin at Mullin’s jersey retirement). Second, he has broken the classic marketing rule — he’s over-promised and under-delivered as Warriors owner so far. The franchise talked playoffs despite a blah roster, Lacob talked Klay Thompson as rookie of the year, he called the Monta Ellis for Andrew Bogut trade “transcendent.”
But you have got to give the man this — he is not hiding. He got booed by the fans and the next day did talk radio and sat down for a show on CSNBayArea to talk about it. We have that video above.
Warriors fans, this guy and this ownership are better than the previous ownership. First, they are really trying to change things. They are being more open. Yes, the proof is in the results and they have yet to get any. Yes, they hired a coach without any previous coaching experience. There have been missteps. But you can see a real commitment to trying to turn the franchise around, and that alone is a refreshing change. He deserves some time to try and do that before you turn on him.
Oh, and pick your spots better to express your displeasure.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11