Mar 21, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
I’ve been hard on Joe Lacob the last 24 hours saying that he brought the boos on himself. First, never take the microphone after the guest of honor (he spoke after Chris Mullin at Mullin’s jersey retirement). Second, he has broken the classic marketing rule — he’s over-promised and under-delivered as Warriors owner so far. The franchise talked playoffs despite a blah roster, Lacob talked Klay Thompson as rookie of the year, he called the Monta Ellis for Andrew Bogut trade “transcendent.”
But you have got to give the man this — he is not hiding. He got booed by the fans and the next day did talk radio and sat down for a show on CSNBayArea to talk about it. We have that video above.
Warriors fans, this guy and this ownership are better than the previous ownership. First, they are really trying to change things. They are being more open. Yes, the proof is in the results and they have yet to get any. Yes, they hired a coach without any previous coaching experience. There have been missteps. But you can see a real commitment to trying to turn the franchise around, and that alone is a refreshing change. He deserves some time to try and do that before you turn on him.
Oh, and pick your spots better to express your displeasure.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20