Mar 21, 2012, 11:55 PM EST
Joe Johnson had 22 points, but was just 7-of-19 shooting and seemed to have little impact on the game — until the game was on the line.
He knocked down a good look three to send it to overtime, then there does a good job of using his body to create space and knocking down the little fadeaway that proved to be the game winner. Johnson gets a lot of grief in some circles for the size of his contract (what was he going to so, say no?). And while I’ll agree that is not a deal I would have given him, the fact is he is a very good player and a guy who can make big plays.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)