Mar 21, 2012, 11:55 PM EDT
Joe Johnson had 22 points, but was just 7-of-19 shooting and seemed to have little impact on the game — until the game was on the line.
He knocked down a good look three to send it to overtime, then there does a good job of using his body to create space and knocking down the little fadeaway that proved to be the game winner. Johnson gets a lot of grief in some circles for the size of his contract (what was he going to so, say no?). And while I’ll agree that is not a deal I would have given him, the fact is he is a very good player and a guy who can make big plays.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60