Mar 21, 2012, 11:55 PM EDT
Joe Johnson had 22 points, but was just 7-of-19 shooting and seemed to have little impact on the game — until the game was on the line.
He knocked down a good look three to send it to overtime, then there does a good job of using his body to create space and knocking down the little fadeaway that proved to be the game winner. Johnson gets a lot of grief in some circles for the size of his contract (what was he going to so, say no?). And while I’ll agree that is not a deal I would have given him, the fact is he is a very good player and a guy who can make big plays.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43