Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 AM EST
Brandon Roy was back at the Rose Garden on Tuesday night.
He was courtside in a seat, not on the court. He just came to watch. But this was his first trip back to the Garden since the Trail Blazers used their amnesty provision on him before the season because his knees just would not allow the five-time All-Star to play any more. Still, he remains one of the most popular Blazers maybe ever — the first player that fans could and did really attach themselves to after the “jailblazer” era.
During the second quarter he and his wife walked unannounced out of the tunnel, but Brandon Roy can’t just slip into the arena unnoticed — the place went crazy for him, as you can see from the video above.
It’s good to see him back around the game.
Hat tip to Blazers Edge for the video.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)