Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 AM EDT
Brandon Roy was back at the Rose Garden on Tuesday night.
He was courtside in a seat, not on the court. He just came to watch. But this was his first trip back to the Garden since the Trail Blazers used their amnesty provision on him before the season because his knees just would not allow the five-time All-Star to play any more. Still, he remains one of the most popular Blazers maybe ever — the first player that fans could and did really attach themselves to after the “jailblazer” era.
During the second quarter he and his wife walked unannounced out of the tunnel, but Brandon Roy can’t just slip into the arena unnoticed — the place went crazy for him, as you can see from the video above.
It’s good to see him back around the game.
Hat tip to Blazers Edge for the video.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50