Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 AM EST
Brandon Roy was back at the Rose Garden on Tuesday night.
He was courtside in a seat, not on the court. He just came to watch. But this was his first trip back to the Garden since the Trail Blazers used their amnesty provision on him before the season because his knees just would not allow the five-time All-Star to play any more. Still, he remains one of the most popular Blazers maybe ever — the first player that fans could and did really attach themselves to after the “jailblazer” era.
During the second quarter he and his wife walked unannounced out of the tunnel, but Brandon Roy can’t just slip into the arena unnoticed — the place went crazy for him, as you can see from the video above.
It’s good to see him back around the game.
Hat tip to Blazers Edge for the video.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 18
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25