Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 AM EDT
Brandon Roy was back at the Rose Garden on Tuesday night.
He was courtside in a seat, not on the court. He just came to watch. But this was his first trip back to the Garden since the Trail Blazers used their amnesty provision on him before the season because his knees just would not allow the five-time All-Star to play any more. Still, he remains one of the most popular Blazers maybe ever — the first player that fans could and did really attach themselves to after the “jailblazer” era.
During the second quarter he and his wife walked unannounced out of the tunnel, but Brandon Roy can’t just slip into the arena unnoticed — the place went crazy for him, as you can see from the video above.
It’s good to see him back around the game.
Hat tip to Blazers Edge for the video.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8