Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 AM EDT
Brandon Roy was back at the Rose Garden on Tuesday night.
He was courtside in a seat, not on the court. He just came to watch. But this was his first trip back to the Garden since the Trail Blazers used their amnesty provision on him before the season because his knees just would not allow the five-time All-Star to play any more. Still, he remains one of the most popular Blazers maybe ever — the first player that fans could and did really attach themselves to after the “jailblazer” era.
During the second quarter he and his wife walked unannounced out of the tunnel, but Brandon Roy can’t just slip into the arena unnoticed — the place went crazy for him, as you can see from the video above.
It’s good to see him back around the game.
Hat tip to Blazers Edge for the video.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6