Mar 20, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT). We’re trying out a bullet-point format to help the look and feel, tell us what you think of it.
• Conan O’Brien got a pair of Guinness colored Nikes. I’m not a sneakerhead, but I might buy a pair of those.
• Brian Grant talks openly, honestly about his fight with Parkinson’s disease.
• Sports Illustrated follows the Dallas Mavericks around on a back-to-back to show the wear and tear of this season.
• Kevin Durant is about to sign with agent Rob Pelinka, reports Liz Mullen of the Sports Business Journal. Pelinka is the agent for Kobe Bryant and James Harden, among others. (Durant left Aaron Goodwin a while back.)
• Watch Gerald Green almost hit his head on the backboard while making a block.
• Nene says the future is bright with him in Washington.
• The Heat beat the Magic the other day in part by using Orlando’s own favorite play against them.
• Some good thoughts on the gray area of “clutch performance” and why that is so hard to define.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3