Mar 20, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT). We’re trying out a bullet-point format to help the look and feel, tell us what you think of it.
• Conan O’Brien got a pair of Guinness colored Nikes. I’m not a sneakerhead, but I might buy a pair of those.
• Brian Grant talks openly, honestly about his fight with Parkinson’s disease.
• Sports Illustrated follows the Dallas Mavericks around on a back-to-back to show the wear and tear of this season.
• Kevin Durant is about to sign with agent Rob Pelinka, reports Liz Mullen of the Sports Business Journal. Pelinka is the agent for Kobe Bryant and James Harden, among others. (Durant left Aaron Goodwin a while back.)
• Watch Gerald Green almost hit his head on the backboard while making a block.
• Nene says the future is bright with him in Washington.
• The Heat beat the Magic the other day in part by using Orlando’s own favorite play against them.
• Some good thoughts on the gray area of “clutch performance” and why that is so hard to define.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 8
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 11
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 39
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6