Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Mullin was a mix of players — part gym rat (that outside shot), part New York playground. He blended that together into a Hall of Fame career as a player who had his greatest years as part of Run TMC in Golden State. He’s a Bay Area hoop icon.
Finally, Golden State is rewarding him Monday night by retiring his number and raising it to the rafters.
Mullin went on to be a GM with the Warriors. There was an awkward end to his time in the front office, a freezing that delayed this well deserved honor for too long.
But it’s happening tonight. Mullin’s number needed to be retired, it’s an honor he earned. And finally his number will be where it belongs.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 1
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48