Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Mullin was a mix of players — part gym rat (that outside shot), part New York playground. He blended that together into a Hall of Fame career as a player who had his greatest years as part of Run TMC in Golden State. He’s a Bay Area hoop icon.
Finally, Golden State is rewarding him Monday night by retiring his number and raising it to the rafters.
Mullin went on to be a GM with the Warriors. There was an awkward end to his time in the front office, a freezing that delayed this well deserved honor for too long.
But it’s happening tonight. Mullin’s number needed to be retired, it’s an honor he earned. And finally his number will be where it belongs.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32