Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Mullin was a mix of players — part gym rat (that outside shot), part New York playground. He blended that together into a Hall of Fame career as a player who had his greatest years as part of Run TMC in Golden State. He’s a Bay Area hoop icon.
Finally, Golden State is rewarding him Monday night by retiring his number and raising it to the rafters.
Mullin went on to be a GM with the Warriors. There was an awkward end to his time in the front office, a freezing that delayed this well deserved honor for too long.
But it’s happening tonight. Mullin’s number needed to be retired, it’s an honor he earned. And finally his number will be where it belongs.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 41
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3