Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Mullin was a mix of players — part gym rat (that outside shot), part New York playground. He blended that together into a Hall of Fame career as a player who had his greatest years as part of Run TMC in Golden State. He’s a Bay Area hoop icon.
Finally, Golden State is rewarding him Monday night by retiring his number and raising it to the rafters.
Mullin went on to be a GM with the Warriors. There was an awkward end to his time in the front office, a freezing that delayed this well deserved honor for too long.
But it’s happening tonight. Mullin’s number needed to be retired, it’s an honor he earned. And finally his number will be where it belongs.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18