Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM EDT
Chris Mullin was a mix of players — part gym rat (that outside shot), part New York playground. He blended that together into a Hall of Fame career as a player who had his greatest years as part of Run TMC in Golden State. He’s a Bay Area hoop icon.
Finally, Golden State is rewarding him Monday night by retiring his number and raising it to the rafters.
Mullin went on to be a GM with the Warriors. There was an awkward end to his time in the front office, a freezing that delayed this well deserved honor for too long.
But it’s happening tonight. Mullin’s number needed to be retired, it’s an honor he earned. And finally his number will be where it belongs.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50