Mar 19, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
Ronny Turiaf headed west on the trade deadline — well, that’s not accurate, his contract headed West.
His contract followed JaVale McGee from Washington to Denver (with Nene headed the other direction) but the Nuggets had no intention of keeping him and he is being waived and bought out as we speak. He will be a free agent.
A serviceable big man that everybody in the locker room will like has value and there is interest, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN on twitter:
Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested
Both of those teams — and plenty of others — could use the depth and energy Turiaf provides. He’s not a game changer, but he can give you 15 solid minutes a night. And he’ll cheer from the bench like no other.
Wouldn’t be shocked if he joined the big rotation in South Beach.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7