Mar 19, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
Ronny Turiaf headed west on the trade deadline — well, that’s not accurate, his contract headed West.
His contract followed JaVale McGee from Washington to Denver (with Nene headed the other direction) but the Nuggets had no intention of keeping him and he is being waived and bought out as we speak. He will be a free agent.
A serviceable big man that everybody in the locker room will like has value and there is interest, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN on twitter:
Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested
Both of those teams — and plenty of others — could use the depth and energy Turiaf provides. He’s not a game changer, but he can give you 15 solid minutes a night. And he’ll cheer from the bench like no other.
Wouldn’t be shocked if he joined the big rotation in South Beach.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36