Mar 19, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
Ronny Turiaf headed west on the trade deadline — well, that’s not accurate, his contract headed West.
His contract followed JaVale McGee from Washington to Denver (with Nene headed the other direction) but the Nuggets had no intention of keeping him and he is being waived and bought out as we speak. He will be a free agent.
A serviceable big man that everybody in the locker room will like has value and there is interest, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN on twitter:
Free agent Ronny Turiaf to decide new team by Wed., agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN. Celtics & Heat lead pack of teams interested
Both of those teams — and plenty of others — could use the depth and energy Turiaf provides. He’s not a game changer, but he can give you 15 solid minutes a night. And he’ll cheer from the bench like no other.
Wouldn’t be shocked if he joined the big rotation in South Beach.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 3
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11