Mar 19, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
“I thought we were going to get Gasol, Bynum and Kobe. But they turned down the second-round draft pick we offered.”
— Celtics coach Doc Rivers, joking about the insanity of the rumors around the trade deadline. Thing is, you know somebody tried to work this out on the trade machine.
Quote via IamaGM.com.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22