Mar 19, 2012, 8:12 AM EDT
“I thought we were going to get Gasol, Bynum and Kobe. But they turned down the second-round draft pick we offered.”
— Celtics coach Doc Rivers, joking about the insanity of the rumors around the trade deadline. Thing is, you know somebody tried to work this out on the trade machine.
Quote via IamaGM.com.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18