Mar 19, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
JJ Hickson has completed a buyout with the Kings, league source tells Y!
The 23-year old Hickson was drafted 19th overall by the Cavaliers in 2008 after his freshman year at North Carolina State. Hickson is a tremendous athlete, showed flashes of brilliance with Cleveland, and even started for the Cavaliers before the team traded for Antawn Jamison at the 2010 trade deadline, but never quite put it all together in Cleveland.
This off-season, the Cavaliers traded Hickson for Omri Casspi and a protected 1st-round pick, and Hickson proceeded to have an abysmal season for the Kings. He averaged just 4.7 points on 37% shooting for the Kings this season, and the Kings bought him out after finding no takers for him at the trade deadline.
Hickson is still very young and very athletic, so the chances that a team will take a flyer on him are decent, but Hickson clearly has a ways to go before becoming an effective NBA player.
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 4
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games