Mar 19, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Minnesota was a frustrated team Sunday — they were losing to the Kings, playing poorly and it outing like this that will have the Timberwolves on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
And that caused everything to bubble over — during a fourth quarter timeout Kevin Love and J.J. Barea had to be separated by teammates. It appears from the video that Barea says something, Love reacts to it and they are about to go at it when Luke Ridnour and Martell Webster step in and keep the two apart, settling things down.
We don’t know what was said, but after the game both men told Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune it is water under the bridge.
“Part of the game, competitors trying to win,” Barea said. “We’re frustrated that we’re losing, but it happens, every basketball team. We just got into it. It’s all right. He said something I didn’t like, I said it back and we’re all good. Nothing against him.”
“It’s nothing personal with J.J.,” Love said. “I think we’re both frustrated and we took it out on each other when we should have taken it out on the other team. That was both of our mistake, both of our bad.”
My guess is this is quickly put into the past. But it is something to watch now.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49