Mar 19, 2012, 9:28 AM EST
Minnesota was a frustrated team Sunday — they were losing to the Kings, playing poorly and it outing like this that will have the Timberwolves on the outside looking in at the playoffs.
And that caused everything to bubble over — during a fourth quarter timeout Kevin Love and J.J. Barea had to be separated by teammates. It appears from the video that Barea says something, Love reacts to it and they are about to go at it when Luke Ridnour and Martell Webster step in and keep the two apart, settling things down.
We don’t know what was said, but after the game both men told Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune it is water under the bridge.
“Part of the game, competitors trying to win,” Barea said. “We’re frustrated that we’re losing, but it happens, every basketball team. We just got into it. It’s all right. He said something I didn’t like, I said it back and we’re all good. Nothing against him.”
“It’s nothing personal with J.J.,” Love said. “I think we’re both frustrated and we took it out on each other when we should have taken it out on the other team. That was both of our mistake, both of our bad.”
My guess is this is quickly put into the past. But it is something to watch now.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7