Mar 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
Well, our relatively short local unpleasant dream is over. Darrell Bailey, a Clippers super-fan who has been in the news lately when the Clippers sought to ban him from calling himself “Clipper Darrell” when he made public appearances, will continue to use the name “Clipper Darrell.” From ESPN Los Angeles’ Arash Markazi:
[Bailey and the Clippers] came to an agreement before the Clippers returned home after their road trip and Bailey was back in his usual seat in Section 107 on March 11 when the Clippers played the Golden State Warriors.
The agreement was more of a clarification than anything else. The Clippers wanted to be notified of appearances Bailey was making under the “Clipper Darrell” name and also wanted Bailey to be careful of possible endorsement deals he was considering accepting as “Clipper Darrell.”
“We have a mutual understanding of what my role is now,” Bailey said. “Nothing has changed. I’m still doing what I’ve been doing, but I’m letting the Clippers know when I make certain appearances. All these appearances though are through season ticket holders that asked me to come to their kid’s games. People wanted to make it seem like I was making appearances in front of Ralph’s or something. It’s not like that.”
So that’s that. Clipper games and certain kid’s basketball games will continue to feature a man with an impossibly loud voice in a blue-and-red suit chanting “LET’S GO CLIP-ERS!” and “U-G-L-Y, YOU AIN’T GOT NO ALABI, YOU UGLY!” All seems right with the world again.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18