Mar 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
Well, our relatively short local unpleasant dream is over. Darrell Bailey, a Clippers super-fan who has been in the news lately when the Clippers sought to ban him from calling himself “Clipper Darrell” when he made public appearances, will continue to use the name “Clipper Darrell.” From ESPN Los Angeles’ Arash Markazi:
[Bailey and the Clippers] came to an agreement before the Clippers returned home after their road trip and Bailey was back in his usual seat in Section 107 on March 11 when the Clippers played the Golden State Warriors.
The agreement was more of a clarification than anything else. The Clippers wanted to be notified of appearances Bailey was making under the “Clipper Darrell” name and also wanted Bailey to be careful of possible endorsement deals he was considering accepting as “Clipper Darrell.”
“We have a mutual understanding of what my role is now,” Bailey said. “Nothing has changed. I’m still doing what I’ve been doing, but I’m letting the Clippers know when I make certain appearances. All these appearances though are through season ticket holders that asked me to come to their kid’s games. People wanted to make it seem like I was making appearances in front of Ralph’s or something. It’s not like that.”
So that’s that. Clipper games and certain kid’s basketball games will continue to feature a man with an impossibly loud voice in a blue-and-red suit chanting “LET’S GO CLIP-ERS!” and “U-G-L-Y, YOU AIN’T GOT NO ALABI, YOU UGLY!” All seems right with the world again.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20