Mar 19, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Chris Tomasson has the story:
MIAMI — Chris Bosh was talking Sunday night and nobody was answering. That’s the way his teammates like it.
You see, the Miami forward speaks to himself during games. And one of the apparent problems during his recent slump was he hadn’t been chattering enough.
“Somebody said I wasn’t talking to myself when we played in Chicago,” Bosh said, referring to Wednesday’s loss and his disastrous 3-of-15 shooting.
So it was Chatty Chris on display in Sunday’s 91-81 win over Orlando at AmericanAirlines Arena. He listened to what he was saying, scoring 23 points on 9-of-13 shooting.
“I have conversations all day in a non-crazy way,” Bosh said.
“Chatty Chris” wasn’t just on his game offensively against the Magic: he held Orlando’s Ryan Anderson to just 5 points on 2-6 shooting.
Bosh can have trouble getting involved in the Heat offense when both LeBron James and Dwayne Wade are on the floor because both players, especially Wade, tend to play like big men. LeBron will often look to distribute from the perimeter, but Wade doesn’t take catch-and-shoot threes, loves to cut to the rim off the ball, and has been destroying teams from the low-post this season.
Wade’s unique game often relegates Bosh to the role of a catch-and-shoot player, which sells him short: Bosh is a very good mid-range shooter for a big man, but he can’t knock down threes like a Kevin Love or a Ryan Anderson, and he’s at his best when he’s attacking the rim, making layups, and drawing fouls. When Bosh, Wade, and James are all aggressive, the Heat are nearly unstoppable: as the Heat Index’s Tom Haberstroh pointed out last night, Miami is 15-2 this season when Bosh scores 20 or more points, so Miami is likely hoping that Bosh will continue to have discussions with himself as the season goes forward.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'