Mar 19, 2012, 4:28 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Chris Tomasson has the story:
MIAMI — Chris Bosh was talking Sunday night and nobody was answering. That’s the way his teammates like it.
You see, the Miami forward speaks to himself during games. And one of the apparent problems during his recent slump was he hadn’t been chattering enough.
“Somebody said I wasn’t talking to myself when we played in Chicago,” Bosh said, referring to Wednesday’s loss and his disastrous 3-of-15 shooting.
So it was Chatty Chris on display in Sunday’s 91-81 win over Orlando at AmericanAirlines Arena. He listened to what he was saying, scoring 23 points on 9-of-13 shooting.
“I have conversations all day in a non-crazy way,” Bosh said.
“Chatty Chris” wasn’t just on his game offensively against the Magic: he held Orlando’s Ryan Anderson to just 5 points on 2-6 shooting.
Bosh can have trouble getting involved in the Heat offense when both LeBron James and Dwayne Wade are on the floor because both players, especially Wade, tend to play like big men. LeBron will often look to distribute from the perimeter, but Wade doesn’t take catch-and-shoot threes, loves to cut to the rim off the ball, and has been destroying teams from the low-post this season.
Wade’s unique game often relegates Bosh to the role of a catch-and-shoot player, which sells him short: Bosh is a very good mid-range shooter for a big man, but he can’t knock down threes like a Kevin Love or a Ryan Anderson, and he’s at his best when he’s attacking the rim, making layups, and drawing fouls. When Bosh, Wade, and James are all aggressive, the Heat are nearly unstoppable: as the Heat Index’s Tom Haberstroh pointed out last night, Miami is 15-2 this season when Bosh scores 20 or more points, so Miami is likely hoping that Bosh will continue to have discussions with himself as the season goes forward.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11