Mar 19, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Antoine Walker’s financial troubles are gigantic. Like $12.7 million in debts forcing bankruptcy gigantic. Gambling addictions can do that to you.
And it led to this note — Walker was forced to sell the championship ring he won as a member of the 2006 Miami Heat, according to TMZ.
According to court docs, Walker had to liquidate his property to pay back his creditors … including his ring. Now TMZ has learned, the ring has been tentatively sold to a guy named Andres Garcia for a cool $21,500. A judge needs to sign off on the deal before any money changes hands … but we’re told it’s pretty much a done deal.
Can’t really feel too bad for a guy who earned more than $100 million in salary over the course of his career — he’s paying the man for his transgressions. Still, some things mean ore than others. That had to suck.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8