Mar 19, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Antoine Walker’s financial troubles are gigantic. Like $12.7 million in debts forcing bankruptcy gigantic. Gambling addictions can do that to you.
And it led to this note — Walker was forced to sell the championship ring he won as a member of the 2006 Miami Heat, according to TMZ.
According to court docs, Walker had to liquidate his property to pay back his creditors … including his ring. Now TMZ has learned, the ring has been tentatively sold to a guy named Andres Garcia for a cool $21,500. A judge needs to sign off on the deal before any money changes hands … but we’re told it’s pretty much a done deal.
Can’t really feel too bad for a guy who earned more than $100 million in salary over the course of his career — he’s paying the man for his transgressions. Still, some things mean ore than others. That had to suck.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32