Mar 19, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Antoine Walker’s financial troubles are gigantic. Like $12.7 million in debts forcing bankruptcy gigantic. Gambling addictions can do that to you.
And it led to this note — Walker was forced to sell the championship ring he won as a member of the 2006 Miami Heat, according to TMZ.
According to court docs, Walker had to liquidate his property to pay back his creditors … including his ring. Now TMZ has learned, the ring has been tentatively sold to a guy named Andres Garcia for a cool $21,500. A judge needs to sign off on the deal before any money changes hands … but we’re told it’s pretty much a done deal.
Can’t really feel too bad for a guy who earned more than $100 million in salary over the course of his career — he’s paying the man for his transgressions. Still, some things mean ore than others. That had to suck.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 0
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 7
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17