Mar 19, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Antoine Walker’s financial troubles are gigantic. Like $12.7 million in debts forcing bankruptcy gigantic. Gambling addictions can do that to you.
And it led to this note — Walker was forced to sell the championship ring he won as a member of the 2006 Miami Heat, according to TMZ.
According to court docs, Walker had to liquidate his property to pay back his creditors … including his ring. Now TMZ has learned, the ring has been tentatively sold to a guy named Andres Garcia for a cool $21,500. A judge needs to sign off on the deal before any money changes hands … but we’re told it’s pretty much a done deal.
Can’t really feel too bad for a guy who earned more than $100 million in salary over the course of his career — he’s paying the man for his transgressions. Still, some things mean ore than others. That had to suck.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 25
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 31
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22