Mar 18, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
As expected, the Rockets have reached a buyout with Derek Fisher, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
Fisher will likely have a deal with a contender soon. A new rule in the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow him to get bought out after a trade and re-sign with the Lakers this season. Fisher had a $3.4 million player option on his 2012-13 contract.
Fisher will likely have his choice of contenders to go to, since not only does he bring the leadership and experience and the occasional three to the game, but the fact he knows the Lakers’ tendencies more than anyone in the league brings something a little extra to the table. It’s just nice to have in your pocket.
And now, for your top five most disgusting jerseys to see the Laker great in.
1. Boston Celtics: Do I really have to explain this?
2. Miami Heat: Would be like the Edge leaving U2 and joining LMFAO.
3. San Antonio Spurs: .04 seconds for me to vomit upon seeing this.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: Like seeing your dad working for the rival company that works next door.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15