Mar 18, 2012, 6:46 PM EST
As expected, the Rockets have reached a buyout with Derek Fisher, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
Fisher will likely have a deal with a contender soon. A new rule in the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow him to get bought out after a trade and re-sign with the Lakers this season. Fisher had a $3.4 million player option on his 2012-13 contract.
Fisher will likely have his choice of contenders to go to, since not only does he bring the leadership and experience and the occasional three to the game, but the fact he knows the Lakers’ tendencies more than anyone in the league brings something a little extra to the table. It’s just nice to have in your pocket.
And now, for your top five most disgusting jerseys to see the Laker great in.
1. Boston Celtics: Do I really have to explain this?
2. Miami Heat: Would be like the Edge leaving U2 and joining LMFAO.
3. San Antonio Spurs: .04 seconds for me to vomit upon seeing this.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: Like seeing your dad working for the rival company that works next door.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)