Mar 18, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
As expected, the Rockets have reached a buyout with Derek Fisher, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
Fisher will likely have a deal with a contender soon. A new rule in the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow him to get bought out after a trade and re-sign with the Lakers this season. Fisher had a $3.4 million player option on his 2012-13 contract.
Fisher will likely have his choice of contenders to go to, since not only does he bring the leadership and experience and the occasional three to the game, but the fact he knows the Lakers’ tendencies more than anyone in the league brings something a little extra to the table. It’s just nice to have in your pocket.
And now, for your top five most disgusting jerseys to see the Laker great in.
1. Boston Celtics: Do I really have to explain this?
2. Miami Heat: Would be like the Edge leaving U2 and joining LMFAO.
3. San Antonio Spurs: .04 seconds for me to vomit upon seeing this.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: Like seeing your dad working for the rival company that works next door.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49