Mar 18, 2012, 6:46 PM EDT
As expected, the Rockets have reached a buyout with Derek Fisher, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
Fisher will likely have a deal with a contender soon. A new rule in the collective bargaining agreement doesn’t allow him to get bought out after a trade and re-sign with the Lakers this season. Fisher had a $3.4 million player option on his 2012-13 contract.
Fisher will likely have his choice of contenders to go to, since not only does he bring the leadership and experience and the occasional three to the game, but the fact he knows the Lakers’ tendencies more than anyone in the league brings something a little extra to the table. It’s just nice to have in your pocket.
And now, for your top five most disgusting jerseys to see the Laker great in.
1. Boston Celtics: Do I really have to explain this?
2. Miami Heat: Would be like the Edge leaving U2 and joining LMFAO.
3. San Antonio Spurs: .04 seconds for me to vomit upon seeing this.
4. Los Angeles Clippers: Like seeing your dad working for the rival company that works next door.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18