Mar 17, 2012, 1:33 AM EDT
The 76ers had moved past Andres Nocioni — he had touched the court just once in the last seven games, and that was for a four-minute stretch. He’s played 56 minutes all season.
So it shouldn’t come as a shock that the Sixers have bought out his contract Friday, as reported by Dei Lynam at CSNPhilly.com.
According to a source, the Sixers bought out the contract of Andres Nocioni Friday night.
One day earlier, they had acquired 6-foot-6 wing player Sam Young in a trade with Memphis that virtually made Nocioni a spectator from here on out, which had been his role for most of this season leading up to buyout.
Nocioni had some solid years playing for the Bulls but his last few seasons have seen his game and playing time drop off dramatically.
He can now sign with another team here or return to play in his native Argentina.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4