Mar 17, 2012, 1:33 AM EST
The 76ers had moved past Andres Nocioni — he had touched the court just once in the last seven games, and that was for a four-minute stretch. He’s played 56 minutes all season.
So it shouldn’t come as a shock that the Sixers have bought out his contract Friday, as reported by Dei Lynam at CSNPhilly.com.
According to a source, the Sixers bought out the contract of Andres Nocioni Friday night.
One day earlier, they had acquired 6-foot-6 wing player Sam Young in a trade with Memphis that virtually made Nocioni a spectator from here on out, which had been his role for most of this season leading up to buyout.
Nocioni had some solid years playing for the Bulls but his last few seasons have seen his game and playing time drop off dramatically.
He can now sign with another team here or return to play in his native Argentina.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7