Mar 16, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
From the press release:
“Nike Basketball today introduced its supercharged Elite Series providing new levels of footwear innovation. The Nike Kobe VII, Nike Zoom Hyperdunk and LeBron 9 all feature premium materials and footwear technologies providing players with a performance advantage.
“Nike designers have obsessed on every detail. Incorporating the most innovative materials and design techniques, the three styles take performance to another level. Lightweight construction, enhanced fit, dynamic protection and distinctive colors are just some of the innovation included in this premium series.
“At Nike we have a maniacal focus on product innovation to give athletes a competitive advantage,” said Leo Chang, Nike Basketball Footwear Design Director. “For the Nike Basketball Elite Series, we completely re-engineered each shoe from the inside out using the highest performance materials. We took our top franchise models and made them even better for the moment that matters most to our athletes – the run for the championship trophy.”
“Home and Away colors are the inspiration for the elegant white and black base of the shoes; as the trophy is the inspiration behind the gold details spread throughout the series. Each style of the Nike Basketball Elite Series worn on court will initially display a special white Swoosh Design. As the playoffs approach, Nike celebrates the player’s achievements by replacing the white Swoosh with a gold one for the final game.”
The top-of-the-line footwear comes to retail April 28th, and does so at a top-of-the-line price: The LeBron 9 Elite will retail for $250, while the Kobe VII Elite will set you back $200.
Check out the photo gallery below and let us know if you’ll be tempted to pick up a pair in the comments.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11