Mar 16, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
Between now and June — or whenever the Knicks and Wizards get around to hiring their coaches for next season — we are going to get a lot of “John Calipari is leaving Kentucky” stories. He’s already spent considerable time before the first round of the NCAA Tournament trying to distance himself from the Knicks rumors.
“It’s be great to have him as coach again, but I think he loves it at UK and I’d be surprised if he left. And I’m just happy with the coaches I have right now.”
Randy Wittman appreciates the love, John… it is Randy Wittman in D.C., right? Whatever. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy. Who fully recognizes the situation he is in.
If Calipari is coaching Kentucky next season, it’s because he really does want to be there. He has options.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16