Mar 16, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
Between now and June — or whenever the Knicks and Wizards get around to hiring their coaches for next season — we are going to get a lot of “John Calipari is leaving Kentucky” stories. He’s already spent considerable time before the first round of the NCAA Tournament trying to distance himself from the Knicks rumors.
“It’s be great to have him as coach again, but I think he loves it at UK and I’d be surprised if he left. And I’m just happy with the coaches I have right now.”
Randy Wittman appreciates the love, John… it is Randy Wittman in D.C., right? Whatever. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy. Who fully recognizes the situation he is in.
If Calipari is coaching Kentucky next season, it’s because he really does want to be there. He has options.
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 5
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)