Mar 16, 2012, 5:19 PM EST
Between now and June — or whenever the Knicks and Wizards get around to hiring their coaches for next season — we are going to get a lot of “John Calipari is leaving Kentucky” stories. He’s already spent considerable time before the first round of the NCAA Tournament trying to distance himself from the Knicks rumors.
“It’s be great to have him as coach again, but I think he loves it at UK and I’d be surprised if he left. And I’m just happy with the coaches I have right now.”
Randy Wittman appreciates the love, John… it is Randy Wittman in D.C., right? Whatever. I’m sure he’s a very nice guy. Who fully recognizes the situation he is in.
If Calipari is coaching Kentucky next season, it’s because he really does want to be there. He has options.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 8
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 19
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30