Mar 16, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Watch out — the Memphis Grizzlies are back.
The Grizzlies that knocked off the Spurs in the playoffs and put a scare in the Thunder are back. Why?
Because Friday night Zach Randolph is back in the lineup.
He will play against the Raptors on Friday, something expected after a reportedly good practice Thursday with the team. Randolph will play but expect him to be eased back into his regular minutes following a slightly torn MCL in his knee that has kept him out for a couple months.
That injury happened after he played just four games this season, but the Grizzlies have held their own without him — at 24-17 they would be the four seed if the playoffs started today. Still, come the playoffs, the Grizzlies need the scoring in the block that Randolph provides. He gives the Grizzlies as good a front line as there is in the game (and nobody wants to face them in the first round of the playoffs because of that).
It’s good for us fans to have him back. Even if the other Western Conference coaches aren’t thrilled.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49