Mar 16, 2012, 1:51 PM EST
Watch out — the Memphis Grizzlies are back.
The Grizzlies that knocked off the Spurs in the playoffs and put a scare in the Thunder are back. Why?
Because Friday night Zach Randolph is back in the lineup.
He will play against the Raptors on Friday, something expected after a reportedly good practice Thursday with the team. Randolph will play but expect him to be eased back into his regular minutes following a slightly torn MCL in his knee that has kept him out for a couple months.
That injury happened after he played just four games this season, but the Grizzlies have held their own without him — at 24-17 they would be the four seed if the playoffs started today. Still, come the playoffs, the Grizzlies need the scoring in the block that Randolph provides. He gives the Grizzlies as good a front line as there is in the game (and nobody wants to face them in the first round of the playoffs because of that).
It’s good for us fans to have him back. Even if the other Western Conference coaches aren’t thrilled.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28