Mar 16, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Watch out — the Memphis Grizzlies are back.
The Grizzlies that knocked off the Spurs in the playoffs and put a scare in the Thunder are back. Why?
Because Friday night Zach Randolph is back in the lineup.
He will play against the Raptors on Friday, something expected after a reportedly good practice Thursday with the team. Randolph will play but expect him to be eased back into his regular minutes following a slightly torn MCL in his knee that has kept him out for a couple months.
That injury happened after he played just four games this season, but the Grizzlies have held their own without him — at 24-17 they would be the four seed if the playoffs started today. Still, come the playoffs, the Grizzlies need the scoring in the block that Randolph provides. He gives the Grizzlies as good a front line as there is in the game (and nobody wants to face them in the first round of the playoffs because of that).
It’s good for us fans to have him back. Even if the other Western Conference coaches aren’t thrilled.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31