Mar 16, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Watch out — the Memphis Grizzlies are back.
The Grizzlies that knocked off the Spurs in the playoffs and put a scare in the Thunder are back. Why?
Because Friday night Zach Randolph is back in the lineup.
He will play against the Raptors on Friday, something expected after a reportedly good practice Thursday with the team. Randolph will play but expect him to be eased back into his regular minutes following a slightly torn MCL in his knee that has kept him out for a couple months.
That injury happened after he played just four games this season, but the Grizzlies have held their own without him — at 24-17 they would be the four seed if the playoffs started today. Still, come the playoffs, the Grizzlies need the scoring in the block that Randolph provides. He gives the Grizzlies as good a front line as there is in the game (and nobody wants to face them in the first round of the playoffs because of that).
It’s good for us fans to have him back. Even if the other Western Conference coaches aren’t thrilled.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10