Mar 16, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Rudy Gay has cleared the league concussion protocols and is set to play for Memphis on Friday against the Raptors.
Deron Williams, who missed the last three games with a calf injury, expects to play for the Nets Friday.
Here’s a good breakdown of why the Knicks will not be much better under Mike Woodson.
Stephon Marbury wants to remind you how much he hates Mike D’Antoni.
Blazers fans, I loved your deadline moves (except for not being able to dump Raymond Felton), but I don’t love this tweet from Ben Golliver of Blazers Edge: “Blazers president Larry Miller wouldn’t commit to hiring a GM and/or coach prior to the 2012 NBA Draft.”
One Trail Blazers’ trade made a 7-year-old girl cry.
Not really a surprise, but Andrew Bogut confirms that he doesn’t really plan to play for the Warriors this season.
The Bobcats are going to talk about buying out Borris Diaw in the next few days.
Vinny Del Negro said he expects Nick Young to quickly become the starting two guard for the Clippers. Look, they’ve been closing games with Bobby Simmons on the wing lately, they can find some space for Young.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 7
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10