Mar 15, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
It was a rough first half of the season for Pau Gasol.
Ever since training camp, when he was included in the trade that would have sent him out of town in exchange for Chris Paul, except that it was vetoed … well, it was never really agreed to by the Hornets’ ownership, so technically the trade was never made, and thus, it wasn’t vetoed. David Stern himself will remind you of this if the topic is ever brought up in his presence, as it was during his press conference over All-Star weekend in Orlando …
Wait, where was I? Oh, yes. Gasol.
The Lakers star forward, a member of two championship teams, has been mentioned in legitimate trade rumors since before the season began. It caused Kobe Bryant to speak out publicly against the organization, and caused Gasol to play with his mind clearly elsewhere for several stretches to this point in the season.
All that appears to be over now that the trade deadline has passed. Gasol has moved on, and seemed relieved and happy in the video message above he posted after the trade deadline had passed. The loss of Derek Fisher will definitely be felt in the locker room, but a focused and motivated Gasol in the season’s second half should do wonders for the Lakers as they march towards the postseason.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17