Mar 14, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant thought that was an off-balance, contested, impossible shot.
But Danilo Gallinari nailed what everyone thought would be the game winner for the Nuggets over the Hawks with a corner three that few people would even have attempted. And we’re pretty sure George Karl said something like, “Great shot kid — don’t ever take one like it again.”
It turned out not to be the game winner, there was a whole overtime of basketball ahead.
But still the shot is one of the highlights of the year.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29