Mar 14, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant thought that was an off-balance, contested, impossible shot.
But Danilo Gallinari nailed what everyone thought would be the game winner for the Nuggets over the Hawks with a corner three that few people would even have attempted. And we’re pretty sure George Karl said something like, “Great shot kid — don’t ever take one like it again.”
It turned out not to be the game winner, there was a whole overtime of basketball ahead.
But still the shot is one of the highlights of the year.
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 0
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 25
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 62
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6