Mar 14, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant thought that was an off-balance, contested, impossible shot.
But Danilo Gallinari nailed what everyone thought would be the game winner for the Nuggets over the Hawks with a corner three that few people would even have attempted. And we’re pretty sure George Karl said something like, “Great shot kid — don’t ever take one like it again.”
It turned out not to be the game winner, there was a whole overtime of basketball ahead.
But still the shot is one of the highlights of the year.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10