Mar 14, 2012, 8:39 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant thought that was an off-balance, contested, impossible shot.
But Danilo Gallinari nailed what everyone thought would be the game winner for the Nuggets over the Hawks with a corner three that few people would even have attempted. And we’re pretty sure George Karl said something like, “Great shot kid — don’t ever take one like it again.”
It turned out not to be the game winner, there was a whole overtime of basketball ahead.
But still the shot is one of the highlights of the year.
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23