Mar 14, 2012, 8:39 AM EST
Kobe Bryant thought that was an off-balance, contested, impossible shot.
But Danilo Gallinari nailed what everyone thought would be the game winner for the Nuggets over the Hawks with a corner three that few people would even have attempted. And we’re pretty sure George Karl said something like, “Great shot kid — don’t ever take one like it again.”
It turned out not to be the game winner, there was a whole overtime of basketball ahead.
But still the shot is one of the highlights of the year.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 6
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)