Mar 14, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
Three-team trades tend to die on the vine — there are too many moving parts, too many players and agents and teams to make happy.
But there is one involving the Lakers, Trail Blazers and Timberwolves that is picking up some steam, according to multiple reports including Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Also CSNNW.com says the deal is close.
This has not yet happened — Blake arrived and is dressing for the Lakers game Wednesday night in New Orleans — and both Portland and Minnesota are exploring other offers for Beasley and Crawford.
But I can see some advantages here. Crawford fits in with Minnesota and gives them some scoring and backcourt help (with Ricky Rubio down) as they make a push for one of the final playoff spots in the West. Beasley has his flaws but he can score in bunches and the Lakers bench is the worst in the league at that. For Portland, they save money, bring back Blake and get a pick with which to start reshaping their roster. Portland fans would not love this deal.
Just one to watch.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16