Mar 14, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Three-team trades tend to die on the vine — there are too many moving parts, too many players and agents and teams to make happy.
But there is one involving the Lakers, Trail Blazers and Timberwolves that is picking up some steam, according to multiple reports including Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Also CSNNW.com says the deal is close.
This has not yet happened — Blake arrived and is dressing for the Lakers game Wednesday night in New Orleans — and both Portland and Minnesota are exploring other offers for Beasley and Crawford.
But I can see some advantages here. Crawford fits in with Minnesota and gives them some scoring and backcourt help (with Ricky Rubio down) as they make a push for one of the final playoff spots in the West. Beasley has his flaws but he can score in bunches and the Lakers bench is the worst in the league at that. For Portland, they save money, bring back Blake and get a pick with which to start reshaping their roster. Portland fans would not love this deal.
Just one to watch.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6