Mar 14, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
Three-team trades tend to die on the vine — there are too many moving parts, too many players and agents and teams to make happy.
But there is one involving the Lakers, Trail Blazers and Timberwolves that is picking up some steam, according to multiple reports including Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Also CSNNW.com says the deal is close.
This has not yet happened — Blake arrived and is dressing for the Lakers game Wednesday night in New Orleans — and both Portland and Minnesota are exploring other offers for Beasley and Crawford.
But I can see some advantages here. Crawford fits in with Minnesota and gives them some scoring and backcourt help (with Ricky Rubio down) as they make a push for one of the final playoff spots in the West. Beasley has his flaws but he can score in bunches and the Lakers bench is the worst in the league at that. For Portland, they save money, bring back Blake and get a pick with which to start reshaping their roster. Portland fans would not love this deal.
Just one to watch.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 23
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23