Mar 14, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
Three-team trades tend to die on the vine — there are too many moving parts, too many players and agents and teams to make happy.
But there is one involving the Lakers, Trail Blazers and Timberwolves that is picking up some steam, according to multiple reports including Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Also CSNNW.com says the deal is close.
This has not yet happened — Blake arrived and is dressing for the Lakers game Wednesday night in New Orleans — and both Portland and Minnesota are exploring other offers for Beasley and Crawford.
But I can see some advantages here. Crawford fits in with Minnesota and gives them some scoring and backcourt help (with Ricky Rubio down) as they make a push for one of the final playoff spots in the West. Beasley has his flaws but he can score in bunches and the Lakers bench is the worst in the league at that. For Portland, they save money, bring back Blake and get a pick with which to start reshaping their roster. Portland fans would not love this deal.
Just one to watch.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28