Mar 14, 2012, 12:17 AM EDT
Are you into conspiracy theories and NBA basketball? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Late Tuesday night, a link began circulating on Twitter to a page on the NBA’s online store that would allow you to buy a New Jersey Nets t-shirt, as if Dwight Howard — of the Orlando Magic currently, but not expected to be after the season, and also kind of in limbo until Thursday’s trade deadline — was now a member of that organization.
It has since been taken down, but as the screen shot accompanying this post shows, it was indeed live.
Howard, of course, has not yet been dealt anywhere, and the latest comments from him suggest he’d prefer to remain in Orlando to finish out the season. But all signs point to his wanting to be in New Jersey next season, so this curious quirk in the NBA Store’s online inventory has, of course, raised some eyebrows.
There are many possible legitimate explanations for this, and it’s unclear how exactly one would have arrived at this destination by starting from the store.nba.com home page to begin with.
But the facts are these: At the time of this writing, there was a live link, at the NBA’s official online store, which specifically mentions Dwight Howard as a member of the New Jersey Nets. The item description read, “The player’s number is subject to change, and the T-shirt will not ship until the official number is issued.”
Draw your own conclusions.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31