Mar 14, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
And while he’s at it ‘Melo wants you to know he is all good with Mike D’Antoni. Here is the quote, via the Associated Press.
But Anthony calls the report (he wanted out of the Knicks) “nonsense,” adding that he’s faced adversity throughout his career and “I’ve never ran from it and I’m not about to pick today to start running from it.”
Anthony’s agent Leon Rose told Frank Isola of the Daily News the reports were “nonsense.”
Anthony can deny anything and everything to his heart’s content, there are clearly issues within the Knicks team and front office. A strong leader needs to emerge to lead this franchise out of the wilderness.
How about Jerry Sloan? The hard-nosed, hard-a** longtime coach of the Jazz is interested, reports Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
While retired Lakers and Bulls coach Phil Jackson has frequently been named as a possible successor to D’Antoni, sources close to retired Utah coach Jerry Sloan say he would be interested in the position. Sloan retired abruptly in February 2011, and was pursued by a number of teams during the summer before resisting the recruiting efforts. In an interview with SI.com in early January, he said he was considering a return.
As an NBA blogger who needs material, dear God please let the Knicks hire Sloan. I want to cover his reaction to ‘Melo’s “effort” on defense, Jeremy Lin’s turnovers and whatever it is Amare Stoudemire is doing on offense lately. I want to be there when Sloan challenges Anthony to a fight.
And for the record, I’d take Sloan.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32