Mar 14, 2012, 12:53 PM EST
And while he’s at it ‘Melo wants you to know he is all good with Mike D’Antoni. Here is the quote, via the Associated Press.
But Anthony calls the report (he wanted out of the Knicks) “nonsense,” adding that he’s faced adversity throughout his career and “I’ve never ran from it and I’m not about to pick today to start running from it.”
Anthony’s agent Leon Rose told Frank Isola of the Daily News the reports were “nonsense.”
Anthony can deny anything and everything to his heart’s content, there are clearly issues within the Knicks team and front office. A strong leader needs to emerge to lead this franchise out of the wilderness.
How about Jerry Sloan? The hard-nosed, hard-a** longtime coach of the Jazz is interested, reports Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
While retired Lakers and Bulls coach Phil Jackson has frequently been named as a possible successor to D’Antoni, sources close to retired Utah coach Jerry Sloan say he would be interested in the position. Sloan retired abruptly in February 2011, and was pursued by a number of teams during the summer before resisting the recruiting efforts. In an interview with SI.com in early January, he said he was considering a return.
As an NBA blogger who needs material, dear God please let the Knicks hire Sloan. I want to cover his reaction to ‘Melo’s “effort” on defense, Jeremy Lin’s turnovers and whatever it is Amare Stoudemire is doing on offense lately. I want to be there when Sloan challenges Anthony to a fight.
And for the record, I’d take Sloan.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18