Mar 14, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
And while he’s at it ‘Melo wants you to know he is all good with Mike D’Antoni. Here is the quote, via the Associated Press.
But Anthony calls the report (he wanted out of the Knicks) “nonsense,” adding that he’s faced adversity throughout his career and “I’ve never ran from it and I’m not about to pick today to start running from it.”
Anthony’s agent Leon Rose told Frank Isola of the Daily News the reports were “nonsense.”
Anthony can deny anything and everything to his heart’s content, there are clearly issues within the Knicks team and front office. A strong leader needs to emerge to lead this franchise out of the wilderness.
How about Jerry Sloan? The hard-nosed, hard-a** longtime coach of the Jazz is interested, reports Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
While retired Lakers and Bulls coach Phil Jackson has frequently been named as a possible successor to D’Antoni, sources close to retired Utah coach Jerry Sloan say he would be interested in the position. Sloan retired abruptly in February 2011, and was pursued by a number of teams during the summer before resisting the recruiting efforts. In an interview with SI.com in early January, he said he was considering a return.
As an NBA blogger who needs material, dear God please let the Knicks hire Sloan. I want to cover his reaction to ‘Melo’s “effort” on defense, Jeremy Lin’s turnovers and whatever it is Amare Stoudemire is doing on offense lately. I want to be there when Sloan challenges Anthony to a fight.
And for the record, I’d take Sloan.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49