Mar 13, 2012, 6:08 PM EST
Point guard Raymond Felton is not meshing with the slow-it-down, grind-it-out style of Nate McMillan’s Portland Trail Blazers. That’s why he was on the trade block.
But the Blazers aren’t just giving him away, either.
Unless the landscape changes or the offers get better in the next couple days, Felton may just stay a Blazer, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to a source, the Portland Trail Blazers have gauged the interest of Raymond Felton to all 29 NBA teams and have found minimum interest.
What the Blazers reportedly wanted is a first round pick at least for Felton, ideally more. But because Felton is a free agent at the end of the season, teams are going to balk at the steep price for a rental.
Still, as the deadline gets closer a team desperate for point guard help (cough*Lakers*cough) might up their offer. Maybe.
Or Felton could just tough it out in Portland through the end of the season. Which seems the most likely outcome.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 10
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30