Mar 13, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Point guard Raymond Felton is not meshing with the slow-it-down, grind-it-out style of Nate McMillan’s Portland Trail Blazers. That’s why he was on the trade block.
But the Blazers aren’t just giving him away, either.
Unless the landscape changes or the offers get better in the next couple days, Felton may just stay a Blazer, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to a source, the Portland Trail Blazers have gauged the interest of Raymond Felton to all 29 NBA teams and have found minimum interest.
What the Blazers reportedly wanted is a first round pick at least for Felton, ideally more. But because Felton is a free agent at the end of the season, teams are going to balk at the steep price for a rental.
Still, as the deadline gets closer a team desperate for point guard help (cough*Lakers*cough) might up their offer. Maybe.
Or Felton could just tough it out in Portland through the end of the season. Which seems the most likely outcome.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13