Mar 13, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Point guard Raymond Felton is not meshing with the slow-it-down, grind-it-out style of Nate McMillan’s Portland Trail Blazers. That’s why he was on the trade block.
But the Blazers aren’t just giving him away, either.
Unless the landscape changes or the offers get better in the next couple days, Felton may just stay a Blazer, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
According to a source, the Portland Trail Blazers have gauged the interest of Raymond Felton to all 29 NBA teams and have found minimum interest.
What the Blazers reportedly wanted is a first round pick at least for Felton, ideally more. But because Felton is a free agent at the end of the season, teams are going to balk at the steep price for a rental.
Still, as the deadline gets closer a team desperate for point guard help (cough*Lakers*cough) might up their offer. Maybe.
Or Felton could just tough it out in Portland through the end of the season. Which seems the most likely outcome.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 51
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32