Mar 13, 2012, 7:16 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy knows the Orlando Magic have a huge problem on their hands.
No, not the one you’re thinking of. He’s thinking of tonight’s game against the Miami Heat. And in his pregame press conference the Magic coach was on fire about all the rumors — like the one that Howard was told if he signs an extension with the Magic he can choose the coach and general manager.
Here are his quotes, via the twitter of Ethan Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post.
“I really don’t give a damn about getting fired… Wade, James and Bosh, that scares me a lot more than any rumor about getting fired.”
Van Gundy also mocked the Orlando Sentinel’s Dwight Howard trade deadline countdown clock and the whole trend of rumors in the media (“That’s a great profession. You never have to be right. And you still get to keep your job.”)
Just for good measure, there is this quote about ESPN’s Jon Barry calling Van Gundy Coach of the Year:
“That’s very nice of Jon and that also shows he’s not the top analyst.”
I love Stan Van Gundy press conferences. The good news for him is one way or another this will all be over in less than 48 hours.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8