Mar 13, 2012, 7:16 PM EST
Stan Van Gundy knows the Orlando Magic have a huge problem on their hands.
No, not the one you’re thinking of. He’s thinking of tonight’s game against the Miami Heat. And in his pregame press conference the Magic coach was on fire about all the rumors — like the one that Howard was told if he signs an extension with the Magic he can choose the coach and general manager.
Here are his quotes, via the twitter of Ethan Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post.
“I really don’t give a damn about getting fired… Wade, James and Bosh, that scares me a lot more than any rumor about getting fired.”
Van Gundy also mocked the Orlando Sentinel’s Dwight Howard trade deadline countdown clock and the whole trend of rumors in the media (“That’s a great profession. You never have to be right. And you still get to keep your job.”)
Just for good measure, there is this quote about ESPN’s Jon Barry calling Van Gundy Coach of the Year:
“That’s very nice of Jon and that also shows he’s not the top analyst.”
I love Stan Van Gundy press conferences. The good news for him is one way or another this will all be over in less than 48 hours.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30