Mar 13, 2012, 7:16 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy knows the Orlando Magic have a huge problem on their hands.
No, not the one you’re thinking of. He’s thinking of tonight’s game against the Miami Heat. And in his pregame press conference the Magic coach was on fire about all the rumors — like the one that Howard was told if he signs an extension with the Magic he can choose the coach and general manager.
Here are his quotes, via the twitter of Ethan Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post.
“I really don’t give a damn about getting fired… Wade, James and Bosh, that scares me a lot more than any rumor about getting fired.”
Van Gundy also mocked the Orlando Sentinel’s Dwight Howard trade deadline countdown clock and the whole trend of rumors in the media (“That’s a great profession. You never have to be right. And you still get to keep your job.”)
Just for good measure, there is this quote about ESPN’s Jon Barry calling Van Gundy Coach of the Year:
“That’s very nice of Jon and that also shows he’s not the top analyst.”
I love Stan Van Gundy press conferences. The good news for him is one way or another this will all be over in less than 48 hours.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 1
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 5
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 12
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42