Mar 13, 2012, 7:16 PM EST
Stan Van Gundy knows the Orlando Magic have a huge problem on their hands.
No, not the one you’re thinking of. He’s thinking of tonight’s game against the Miami Heat. And in his pregame press conference the Magic coach was on fire about all the rumors — like the one that Howard was told if he signs an extension with the Magic he can choose the coach and general manager.
Here are his quotes, via the twitter of Ethan Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post.
“I really don’t give a damn about getting fired… Wade, James and Bosh, that scares me a lot more than any rumor about getting fired.”
Van Gundy also mocked the Orlando Sentinel’s Dwight Howard trade deadline countdown clock and the whole trend of rumors in the media (“That’s a great profession. You never have to be right. And you still get to keep your job.”)
Just for good measure, there is this quote about ESPN’s Jon Barry calling Van Gundy Coach of the Year:
“That’s very nice of Jon and that also shows he’s not the top analyst.”
I love Stan Van Gundy press conferences. The good news for him is one way or another this will all be over in less than 48 hours.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)