Mar 13, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
One of the fun parts of the NBA trade deadline is the garage sale aspect of it — “we have no use for broken record player, but maybe somebody will buy it for 50¢.” It’s essentially the Washington Wizards entire trade strategy.
And the Knicks are getting into that mode to — Toney Douglas has fallen fast and hard out of the rotation in New York. So now they are seeing who wants to trade for him.
A source told ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday that the Knicks are exploring trade options involving Toney Douglas. ESPN NBA analyst Chris Broussard confirmed it with the website this morning. …
Douglas was not able to execute D’Antoni’s pick-and-roll offense consistently, and after seven games the head coach benched him in favor of Iman Shumpert. From that point on, not only did Douglas’ role decrease, but also his shooting. After leading the NBA in most 3-pointers made after the 2011 All-Star break (68), he’s only connected on 24 in 540 minutes this season (23.5 percent), while averaging 7.6 points per game.
The article then goes on to say the Knicks would like to get a backup big for Douglas. Good luck with that. Second round pick, that could happen. Bad contract for end of the bench guy another team wants to play? Maybe. Actual rotation player? Keep on dreaming.
But it’s a name to watch.
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 0
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 32
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?