Mar 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We told you this was coming, and here it is.
Derrick Rose has been fined $25,000 by the league for comments made about officials after the Bulls beat the Knicks Monday night. Yes, the Bulls won but Rose was still frustrated.
What did Rose say that was so egregious? Well…
“I’ve got to be the only superstar in the league that’s going through what I’m going through right now (meaning not getting calls when he drives the lane). But I can’t say too much about it…
“How many times did I shoot (free throws) today? And I’m the point guard. Keep going hard and make them call it. Keep driving. Just try to put pressure on them. If anything, I was worried about my turnovers.
“I could care less right now (about the fine he knew was coming at that point). I want to continue to play the way I know how to play. I came in this league a driver. Nothing has changed. I’ll continue to play hard and try to win.”
If you want to argue that is not worth a fine, go ahead, but the league comes down hard on anyone in the game who criticizes the officials. The league feels it undermines the integrity of the game.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30