Mar 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
We told you this was coming, and here it is.
Derrick Rose has been fined $25,000 by the league for comments made about officials after the Bulls beat the Knicks Monday night. Yes, the Bulls won but Rose was still frustrated.
What did Rose say that was so egregious? Well…
“I’ve got to be the only superstar in the league that’s going through what I’m going through right now (meaning not getting calls when he drives the lane). But I can’t say too much about it…
“How many times did I shoot (free throws) today? And I’m the point guard. Keep going hard and make them call it. Keep driving. Just try to put pressure on them. If anything, I was worried about my turnovers.
“I could care less right now (about the fine he knew was coming at that point). I want to continue to play the way I know how to play. I came in this league a driver. Nothing has changed. I’ll continue to play hard and try to win.”
If you want to argue that is not worth a fine, go ahead, but the league comes down hard on anyone in the game who criticizes the officials. The league feels it undermines the integrity of the game.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8