Mar 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We told you this was coming, and here it is.
Derrick Rose has been fined $25,000 by the league for comments made about officials after the Bulls beat the Knicks Monday night. Yes, the Bulls won but Rose was still frustrated.
What did Rose say that was so egregious? Well…
“I’ve got to be the only superstar in the league that’s going through what I’m going through right now (meaning not getting calls when he drives the lane). But I can’t say too much about it…
“How many times did I shoot (free throws) today? And I’m the point guard. Keep going hard and make them call it. Keep driving. Just try to put pressure on them. If anything, I was worried about my turnovers.
“I could care less right now (about the fine he knew was coming at that point). I want to continue to play the way I know how to play. I came in this league a driver. Nothing has changed. I’ll continue to play hard and try to win.”
If you want to argue that is not worth a fine, go ahead, but the league comes down hard on anyone in the game who criticizes the officials. The league feels it undermines the integrity of the game.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8