Mar 13, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
We told you this was coming, and here it is.
Derrick Rose has been fined $25,000 by the league for comments made about officials after the Bulls beat the Knicks Monday night. Yes, the Bulls won but Rose was still frustrated.
What did Rose say that was so egregious? Well…
“I’ve got to be the only superstar in the league that’s going through what I’m going through right now (meaning not getting calls when he drives the lane). But I can’t say too much about it…
“How many times did I shoot (free throws) today? And I’m the point guard. Keep going hard and make them call it. Keep driving. Just try to put pressure on them. If anything, I was worried about my turnovers.
“I could care less right now (about the fine he knew was coming at that point). I want to continue to play the way I know how to play. I came in this league a driver. Nothing has changed. I’ll continue to play hard and try to win.”
If you want to argue that is not worth a fine, go ahead, but the league comes down hard on anyone in the game who criticizes the officials. The league feels it undermines the integrity of the game.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48