Mar 13, 2012, 7:56 AM EDT
What you missed while getting Michael Jordan’s likeness shaved into your hair…
Bulls 104, Knicks 99: New York hung around and even led at moments — reading Knicks fans reactions to their sixth straight loss you’d think this game was over after one quarter. It wasn’t. But the Bulls had the best — and most determined — player on the court in Derrick Rose, who had 10 in the fourth quarter and 32 overall.
Here is the stat that should really bother Knicks fans — the Bulls grabbed the offensive rebound on 41.5 percent of their missed shots (22 offensive rebounds). This is a Bulls team without Luol Deng and the Knicks have a long front line led by Tyson Chandler. But rebounds are about who wants it, and all night long you could just tell the Bulls wanted it more. They play with passion while the Knicks coast.
Bucks 105, Nets 99: Kris Humphries owned Ersan Ilyasova. Owned him to the tune of 31 points and 18 rebounds. But that wasn’t enough as Brandon Jennings had 34 points on 23 shots, and Drew Gooden had 23. The Bucks have their first three game winning streak of the season — just in time for the team to possibly be broken up at the trade deadline.
Bobcats 73, Hornets 71: The Bobcats have the worst record in the league — meaning the chance for the best lottery odds in what is considered the best draft in years. There are only a couple teams that could catch them… and the Hornets are won. The Bobcats can’t even tank right.
Jazz 105, Pistons 90: This was tied in the fourth until the Jazz closed out the game on an 18-3 run. Al Jefferson was the catalyst of it scoring 13 of his game-high 33 on that run. Rodney Stuckey had 29 for Detroit.
Spurs 112, Wizards 97: The Spurs have beaten the Wizards 12 straight times now, so there was no real surprise in this game. Well, maybe one in that we got fired up JaVale McGee for a night as he took advantage of the smaller DeJuan Blair‘s to the tune of 21 points, 15 rebounds. Tony Parker had 31 because he is very, very good.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15