Mar 12, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
All you fans trying to dream up trade scenarios where your team can land a star point guard by just trading away a rack of shootaround basketballs — or Luke Walton — we have another name to consider.
They are rethinking everything in Milwaukee and injured center Andrew Bogut was already on the rumored trade list. But the Bucks are listening to offers for their quick young point guard, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Sources said Milwaukee has made third-year point guard Brandon Jennings available “for the right price,” as one executive who has spoken to the Bucks put it. Jennings, who was drafted 10th overall in 2009 and has been considered the team’s future franchise player, irked Bucks officials with his comments to ESPN.com in early February about a possible departure.
Those comments were about him keeping his options open and checking out big market teams after his rookie deal. Jennings could in 2013 become a restricted free agent but Milwaukee could match any offer. Look, Brandon: Everyone signs their second deal with the team that drafted him — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard all did — and that’s because you want the big payday. Jennings will not likely sign elsewhere either.
As for trading Jennings, the price to get him is likely too steep for most teams — the Bucks are going to want real quality players back. Jennings is good but he is a shoot first point hitting just 40.2 percent of his shots this season — and that is a a career best. With some other guards on the market at more affordable prices, teams are not about to pay what the Bucks think Jennings is worth. But it is something to watch.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28