Mar 12, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
All you fans trying to dream up trade scenarios where your team can land a star point guard by just trading away a rack of shootaround basketballs — or Luke Walton — we have another name to consider.
They are rethinking everything in Milwaukee and injured center Andrew Bogut was already on the rumored trade list. But the Bucks are listening to offers for their quick young point guard, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Sources said Milwaukee has made third-year point guard Brandon Jennings available “for the right price,” as one executive who has spoken to the Bucks put it. Jennings, who was drafted 10th overall in 2009 and has been considered the team’s future franchise player, irked Bucks officials with his comments to ESPN.com in early February about a possible departure.
Those comments were about him keeping his options open and checking out big market teams after his rookie deal. Jennings could in 2013 become a restricted free agent but Milwaukee could match any offer. Look, Brandon: Everyone signs their second deal with the team that drafted him — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard all did — and that’s because you want the big payday. Jennings will not likely sign elsewhere either.
As for trading Jennings, the price to get him is likely too steep for most teams — the Bucks are going to want real quality players back. Jennings is good but he is a shoot first point hitting just 40.2 percent of his shots this season — and that is a a career best. With some other guards on the market at more affordable prices, teams are not about to pay what the Bucks think Jennings is worth. But it is something to watch.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15