Mar 12, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
Heading into the Bulls game against the Knicks Monday night — good luck New York getting your struggling offense going against the Bulls defense — J.J. Stankevitz at CSNChicago.com had a little fun digging through the past of Iman Shumpert.
Shumpert comes out of Oak Park, a Chicago suburb, and so Stankevitz went and talked to his old high school coach.
Shumpert came up to the varsity team at Oak Park-River Forest High School as a freshman point guard — then grew more than six inches before his sophomore season. That’s a tough adjustment physically.
“You know those Dobermans, those big dogs that have the huge feet and big paws and big ears, but they’re so clumsy they can’t even hardly walk across the street?” Allen asked rhetorically. “He was starting to get that way.”
Shumpert also out-grew his muscles, to the point where Allen said he was “weak as a kitten.”
Shumpert eventually grew into his body and has grown into becoming a productive NBA player who is athletic and can defend well. Go read the whole story, it’s interesting.
But every time I see Shumpert from now on, I’m thinking Dobermans and kittens.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7