Mar 12, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Remember all the tests and hoops Kobe Bryant had to jump through after Dwyane Wade gave him a concussion at the All-Star Game. Now it’s Rudy Gay’s turn, he showed concussion symptoms after the Grizzlies latest game (he can use that to explain the 3-for-13 shooting night).
Ty Lawson was killing everyone last week at the end of games, this week he is day-to-day with a sprained foot.
The Celtics starters logged a lot of minutes in the first game of an eight-game road trip Sunday. Doc Rivers says he is not worried. He should be.
Here’s an interesting look back at what the Kings have done the last five years at the trade deadline.
The Clippers are not playing like the NBA’s darlings.
With March Madness here, we bring you a reminder from the New York Times of just how sleezy the recruiting of college players has become.
An in-depth story about Dikembe Mutombo and the corrupt gold trade out of the Congo.
Remember Jelani McCoy? He just signed in Venezuela.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52