Mar 12, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Remember all the tests and hoops Kobe Bryant had to jump through after Dwyane Wade gave him a concussion at the All-Star Game. Now it’s Rudy Gay’s turn, he showed concussion symptoms after the Grizzlies latest game (he can use that to explain the 3-for-13 shooting night).
Ty Lawson was killing everyone last week at the end of games, this week he is day-to-day with a sprained foot.
The Celtics starters logged a lot of minutes in the first game of an eight-game road trip Sunday. Doc Rivers says he is not worried. He should be.
Here’s an interesting look back at what the Kings have done the last five years at the trade deadline.
The Clippers are not playing like the NBA’s darlings.
With March Madness here, we bring you a reminder from the New York Times of just how sleezy the recruiting of college players has become.
An in-depth story about Dikembe Mutombo and the corrupt gold trade out of the Congo.
Remember Jelani McCoy? He just signed in Venezuela.
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43