Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
It’s apparently a fad now. From the Los Angeles Times:
Chris Paul warmed up for Sunday’s game against Golden State with a very familiar accessory.
A Kobe mask.
Paul was hit in the face during the first quarter of Friday’s game against San Antonio.
A Clippers spokesman said that Paul received an X-ray on Saturday and it revealed that Paul had sustained a nasal fracture. He added that Paul will be wearing the mask for a few weeks.
Paul apparently sustained the injury in the first half when he was elbowed by Spurs swingman Danny Green.
Well, hey Kobe scored a lot of points while wearing a mask. He took a lot of shots, but still.
This could actually impact Paul a lot more. Peripheral vision is impacted with masks like this because your eyes naturally adjust to the elements in line of sight, and that impacts things like seeing where guys are in transition. So much of Paul’s passing is feel and knowledge, but it still could have an impact. The Clippers need him to be OK because the team has kind of unraveled over the past couple of weeks.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16