Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
It’s apparently a fad now. From the Los Angeles Times:
Chris Paul warmed up for Sunday’s game against Golden State with a very familiar accessory.
A Kobe mask.
Paul was hit in the face during the first quarter of Friday’s game against San Antonio.
A Clippers spokesman said that Paul received an X-ray on Saturday and it revealed that Paul had sustained a nasal fracture. He added that Paul will be wearing the mask for a few weeks.
Paul apparently sustained the injury in the first half when he was elbowed by Spurs swingman Danny Green.
Well, hey Kobe scored a lot of points while wearing a mask. He took a lot of shots, but still.
This could actually impact Paul a lot more. Peripheral vision is impacted with masks like this because your eyes naturally adjust to the elements in line of sight, and that impacts things like seeing where guys are in transition. So much of Paul’s passing is feel and knowledge, but it still could have an impact. The Clippers need him to be OK because the team has kind of unraveled over the past couple of weeks.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 1
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 19
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8