Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
It’s apparently a fad now. From the Los Angeles Times:
Chris Paul warmed up for Sunday’s game against Golden State with a very familiar accessory.
A Kobe mask.
Paul was hit in the face during the first quarter of Friday’s game against San Antonio.
A Clippers spokesman said that Paul received an X-ray on Saturday and it revealed that Paul had sustained a nasal fracture. He added that Paul will be wearing the mask for a few weeks.
Paul apparently sustained the injury in the first half when he was elbowed by Spurs swingman Danny Green.
Well, hey Kobe scored a lot of points while wearing a mask. He took a lot of shots, but still.
This could actually impact Paul a lot more. Peripheral vision is impacted with masks like this because your eyes naturally adjust to the elements in line of sight, and that impacts things like seeing where guys are in transition. So much of Paul’s passing is feel and knowledge, but it still could have an impact. The Clippers need him to be OK because the team has kind of unraveled over the past couple of weeks.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 8
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20