Mar 11, 2012, 9:07 PM EST
A second key Celtic bench player may be lost for the season due to a heart condition.
Chris Wilcox, maybe the Celtics best big man off the bench this season, did not travel with the team to Los Angeles (a close loss to the Lakers on Sunday vs. game against the Clippers on Monday) due to test that showed he needed more tests for a heart condition, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSSNNE.com. Blakely added this on twitter.
Doc Rivers says there is a possibility that Chris Wilcox may have a Jeff Green-like end to his season
The Celtics had been aware Wilcox had a potential heart situation and had been testing him monthly. Right now he is out indefinitely.
The Celtics lost Jeff Green for the season due to a heart condition before the first game. It was a huge setback for a team that needed him for depth. The potential loss of Wilcox just adds to that situation.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29