Mar 11, 2012, 9:07 PM EST
A second key Celtic bench player may be lost for the season due to a heart condition.
Chris Wilcox, maybe the Celtics best big man off the bench this season, did not travel with the team to Los Angeles (a close loss to the Lakers on Sunday vs. game against the Clippers on Monday) due to test that showed he needed more tests for a heart condition, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSSNNE.com. Blakely added this on twitter.
Doc Rivers says there is a possibility that Chris Wilcox may have a Jeff Green-like end to his season
The Celtics had been aware Wilcox had a potential heart situation and had been testing him monthly. Right now he is out indefinitely.
The Celtics lost Jeff Green for the season due to a heart condition before the first game. It was a huge setback for a team that needed him for depth. The potential loss of Wilcox just adds to that situation.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 29
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)