Mar 11, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
A second key Celtic bench player may be lost for the season due to a heart condition.
Chris Wilcox, maybe the Celtics best big man off the bench this season, did not travel with the team to Los Angeles (a close loss to the Lakers on Sunday vs. game against the Clippers on Monday) due to test that showed he needed more tests for a heart condition, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSSNNE.com. Blakely added this on twitter.
Doc Rivers says there is a possibility that Chris Wilcox may have a Jeff Green-like end to his season
The Celtics had been aware Wilcox had a potential heart situation and had been testing him monthly. Right now he is out indefinitely.
The Celtics lost Jeff Green for the season due to a heart condition before the first game. It was a huge setback for a team that needed him for depth. The potential loss of Wilcox just adds to that situation.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8