Mar 11, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
A second key Celtic bench player may be lost for the season due to a heart condition.
Chris Wilcox, maybe the Celtics best big man off the bench this season, did not travel with the team to Los Angeles (a close loss to the Lakers on Sunday vs. game against the Clippers on Monday) due to test that showed he needed more tests for a heart condition, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSSNNE.com. Blakely added this on twitter.
Doc Rivers says there is a possibility that Chris Wilcox may have a Jeff Green-like end to his season
The Celtics had been aware Wilcox had a potential heart situation and had been testing him monthly. Right now he is out indefinitely.
The Celtics lost Jeff Green for the season due to a heart condition before the first game. It was a huge setback for a team that needed him for depth. The potential loss of Wilcox just adds to that situation.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 0
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23