Mar 11, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
A second key Celtic bench player may be lost for the season due to a heart condition.
Chris Wilcox, maybe the Celtics best big man off the bench this season, did not travel with the team to Los Angeles (a close loss to the Lakers on Sunday vs. game against the Clippers on Monday) due to test that showed he needed more tests for a heart condition, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSSNNE.com. Blakely added this on twitter.
Doc Rivers says there is a possibility that Chris Wilcox may have a Jeff Green-like end to his season
The Celtics had been aware Wilcox had a potential heart situation and had been testing him monthly. Right now he is out indefinitely.
The Celtics lost Jeff Green for the season due to a heart condition before the first game. It was a huge setback for a team that needed him for depth. The potential loss of Wilcox just adds to that situation.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 16
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14