Mar 9, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
UPDATE 7:38 PM: It’s not just McGee you can have if you take on Blatche, Michael Lee of the Washington Post tweets.
That is how bad the Wizards want Blatche out out of their locker room.
3:38 PM: There’s a lot of “we’ll give you the good if you take the bad with it” trade scenarios going around out there. You want Dwight Howard you have to take Hedo Turkoglu and his ugly contract as well. If you want Andrew Bogut you have to take Stephen Jackson on too.
Now we may have the ultimate, thanks to the fine folks with the Washington Wizards. Via Marc Stein at ESPN.
The Wiz have been shopping Andray Blatche for months with no luck in hopes of truly changing the team culture around prized youngsters John Wall and Jan Vesely. But sources say the Wiz are now weighing whether it’s time to finally surrender JaVale McGee — who for all his potential still routinely finds himself at the heart of Washington’s ongoing turbulence — on the condition that his new team take Blatche as well.
If the Wizards can find someone that would take on the two head cases and wasted potential that is McGee and Blatche in one deal they should win executive of the year going away. However it may take hypnosis or worse to get any other GM to say yes to a deal like that.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18