Mar 9, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
UPDATE 7:38 PM: It’s not just McGee you can have if you take on Blatche, Michael Lee of the Washington Post tweets.
That is how bad the Wizards want Blatche out out of their locker room.
3:38 PM: There’s a lot of “we’ll give you the good if you take the bad with it” trade scenarios going around out there. You want Dwight Howard you have to take Hedo Turkoglu and his ugly contract as well. If you want Andrew Bogut you have to take Stephen Jackson on too.
Now we may have the ultimate, thanks to the fine folks with the Washington Wizards. Via Marc Stein at ESPN.
The Wiz have been shopping Andray Blatche for months with no luck in hopes of truly changing the team culture around prized youngsters John Wall and Jan Vesely. But sources say the Wiz are now weighing whether it’s time to finally surrender JaVale McGee — who for all his potential still routinely finds himself at the heart of Washington’s ongoing turbulence — on the condition that his new team take Blatche as well.
If the Wizards can find someone that would take on the two head cases and wasted potential that is McGee and Blatche in one deal they should win executive of the year going away. However it may take hypnosis or worse to get any other GM to say yes to a deal like that.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 6
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (43)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)