Mar 9, 2012, 8:55 AM EST
UPDATE March 9, 8:55 am: The MRI of Kyle Lowry‘s groin — apparently the mystery injury moved up the leg from the original ankle report to the groin area — found nothing structurally wrong. Which is good.
However Lowry still spend the night in the hospital as he had reportedly abdominal pains. This all sounds a little odd but the Rockets report that all tests on him have come back negative. Hopefully that remains the case.
He is listed as day-to-day, the Rockets next game is Saturday against the Nets. If it is a groin injury those can linger if not fully healed before a player returns to the court, so don’t be shocked if he misses a game or two to get this right. Whatever it is.
March 8, 1:14 pm: Rockets fans, these two tweets from Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry should have you worried.
That’s all he tweeted, but apparently he injured his ankle during the Rockets Wednesday night loss to the Raptors. A loss that knocked the Rockets out of the eighth playoff spot in the West (Minnesota passed them).
Post-game reports didn’t really mention anything, this all comes as a surprise. Still, pain and MRI are not things you like to see a player talking about.
The Rockets have been getting solid play from Goran Dragic at the point of late, but if they are going to get back into the playoffs they need the Lowry from early in the season to find his form again. We’ll keep you updated on the news.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)