Mar 9, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
UPDATE March 9, 8:55 am: The MRI of Kyle Lowry‘s groin — apparently the mystery injury moved up the leg from the original ankle report to the groin area — found nothing structurally wrong. Which is good.
However Lowry still spend the night in the hospital as he had reportedly abdominal pains. This all sounds a little odd but the Rockets report that all tests on him have come back negative. Hopefully that remains the case.
He is listed as day-to-day, the Rockets next game is Saturday against the Nets. If it is a groin injury those can linger if not fully healed before a player returns to the court, so don’t be shocked if he misses a game or two to get this right. Whatever it is.
March 8, 1:14 pm: Rockets fans, these two tweets from Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry should have you worried.
That’s all he tweeted, but apparently he injured his ankle during the Rockets Wednesday night loss to the Raptors. A loss that knocked the Rockets out of the eighth playoff spot in the West (Minnesota passed them).
Post-game reports didn’t really mention anything, this all comes as a surprise. Still, pain and MRI are not things you like to see a player talking about.
The Rockets have been getting solid play from Goran Dragic at the point of late, but if they are going to get back into the playoffs they need the Lowry from early in the season to find his form again. We’ll keep you updated on the news.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70