Mar 9, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
UPDATE March 9, 8:55 am: The MRI of Kyle Lowry‘s groin — apparently the mystery injury moved up the leg from the original ankle report to the groin area — found nothing structurally wrong. Which is good.
However Lowry still spend the night in the hospital as he had reportedly abdominal pains. This all sounds a little odd but the Rockets report that all tests on him have come back negative. Hopefully that remains the case.
He is listed as day-to-day, the Rockets next game is Saturday against the Nets. If it is a groin injury those can linger if not fully healed before a player returns to the court, so don’t be shocked if he misses a game or two to get this right. Whatever it is.
March 8, 1:14 pm: Rockets fans, these two tweets from Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry should have you worried.
That’s all he tweeted, but apparently he injured his ankle during the Rockets Wednesday night loss to the Raptors. A loss that knocked the Rockets out of the eighth playoff spot in the West (Minnesota passed them).
Post-game reports didn’t really mention anything, this all comes as a surprise. Still, pain and MRI are not things you like to see a player talking about.
The Rockets have been getting solid play from Goran Dragic at the point of late, but if they are going to get back into the playoffs they need the Lowry from early in the season to find his form again. We’ll keep you updated on the news.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 34
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4