Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
We are going to have David Kahn to kick around for another year.
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press the team plans to bring David Kahn back next season. Kahn is in the final year of his deal but the team has two one-year options and they are picking one up.
“I like David; I’m happy with him,” Taylor said.
Taylor said he and Kahn will firm up the option at season’s end. The Wolves (21-19), who play host to the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, are tied with Kevin McHale’s Houston Rockets for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It’s weird to type this but here goes — Kahn deserves to be back.
His Ricky Rubio gambit has paid off in droves, Kevin Love has evolved into a star and by brining in Rick Adelman as coach this is suddenly a team that has to be respected in the West. They may well reach the playoffs this season.
It doesn’t excuse the many odd choices that made Kahn a joke around the league — hello Jonny Flynn — but he has built the foundation of a good team and he deserves the chance to make it grow.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6