Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
We are going to have David Kahn to kick around for another year.
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press the team plans to bring David Kahn back next season. Kahn is in the final year of his deal but the team has two one-year options and they are picking one up.
“I like David; I’m happy with him,” Taylor said.
Taylor said he and Kahn will firm up the option at season’s end. The Wolves (21-19), who play host to the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, are tied with Kevin McHale’s Houston Rockets for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It’s weird to type this but here goes — Kahn deserves to be back.
His Ricky Rubio gambit has paid off in droves, Kevin Love has evolved into a star and by brining in Rick Adelman as coach this is suddenly a team that has to be respected in the West. They may well reach the playoffs this season.
It doesn’t excuse the many odd choices that made Kahn a joke around the league — hello Jonny Flynn — but he has built the foundation of a good team and he deserves the chance to make it grow.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17