Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
We are going to have David Kahn to kick around for another year.
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press the team plans to bring David Kahn back next season. Kahn is in the final year of his deal but the team has two one-year options and they are picking one up.
“I like David; I’m happy with him,” Taylor said.
Taylor said he and Kahn will firm up the option at season’s end. The Wolves (21-19), who play host to the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, are tied with Kevin McHale’s Houston Rockets for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It’s weird to type this but here goes — Kahn deserves to be back.
His Ricky Rubio gambit has paid off in droves, Kevin Love has evolved into a star and by brining in Rick Adelman as coach this is suddenly a team that has to be respected in the West. They may well reach the playoffs this season.
It doesn’t excuse the many odd choices that made Kahn a joke around the league — hello Jonny Flynn — but he has built the foundation of a good team and he deserves the chance to make it grow.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 36
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38