Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
We are going to have David Kahn to kick around for another year.
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press the team plans to bring David Kahn back next season. Kahn is in the final year of his deal but the team has two one-year options and they are picking one up.
“I like David; I’m happy with him,” Taylor said.
Taylor said he and Kahn will firm up the option at season’s end. The Wolves (21-19), who play host to the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, are tied with Kevin McHale’s Houston Rockets for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It’s weird to type this but here goes — Kahn deserves to be back.
His Ricky Rubio gambit has paid off in droves, Kevin Love has evolved into a star and by brining in Rick Adelman as coach this is suddenly a team that has to be respected in the West. They may well reach the playoffs this season.
It doesn’t excuse the many odd choices that made Kahn a joke around the league — hello Jonny Flynn — but he has built the foundation of a good team and he deserves the chance to make it grow.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21