Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
We are going to have David Kahn to kick around for another year.
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press the team plans to bring David Kahn back next season. Kahn is in the final year of his deal but the team has two one-year options and they are picking one up.
“I like David; I’m happy with him,” Taylor said.
Taylor said he and Kahn will firm up the option at season’s end. The Wolves (21-19), who play host to the Los Angeles Lakers tonight, are tied with Kevin McHale’s Houston Rockets for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
It’s weird to type this but here goes — Kahn deserves to be back.
His Ricky Rubio gambit has paid off in droves, Kevin Love has evolved into a star and by brining in Rick Adelman as coach this is suddenly a team that has to be respected in the West. They may well reach the playoffs this season.
It doesn’t excuse the many odd choices that made Kahn a joke around the league — hello Jonny Flynn — but he has built the foundation of a good team and he deserves the chance to make it grow.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14