Mar 9, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
At the end of the Bulls loss to the Magic Thursday night you saw how much Chicago misses Richard Hamilton — Chicago shot 2-for-10 in the final five minutes with Kyle Korver going an uncharacteristic 0-for-5. They needed another reliable scorer on the floor.
Rip can be that scorer, but a shoulder injury has him sidelined. And he may not be right up until when the playoffs start.
That’s the report out of the Chicago Sun Times.
Rip Hamilton said doctors have told him it will take a month for his sprained shoulder to fully heal, which would make it difficult for him to be at 100 percent when the playoffs start. The veteran said he believes he’ll be able to return earlier than that.
“I don’t think it’s going to take me that long,” he said.
Every player says that. They are almost always wrong.
Coach Tom Thibodeau’s comment on Hamilton was that he is still “a ways away.”
For the Bulls it is all about the playoffs — they need Rip right then, they don’t need to rush him back for the regular season.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30