Mar 9, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
We told you earlier today we expected this to come down, now it is official.
Orlando forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended one game for making contact with an official, the league has announced. He will sit Sunday when the Magic take on the Pacers.
During Thursday night’s game against the Bulls, Turkoglu disagreed with a call, went over to referee Karl Lane and — to make sure Lane was paying attention — grabbed him by the shoulders. Turkoglu got an instant technical — you just cannot make contact with a referee. There was nothing malicious here, but there is a hard and fast line about touching referees.
No surprise here, but you know it frustrates Stan Van Gundy. Everything frustrates Stan Van Gundy
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 3
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43