Mar 9, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
We told you earlier today we expected this to come down, now it is official.
Orlando forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended one game for making contact with an official, the league has announced. He will sit Sunday when the Magic take on the Pacers.
During Thursday night’s game against the Bulls, Turkoglu disagreed with a call, went over to referee Karl Lane and — to make sure Lane was paying attention — grabbed him by the shoulders. Turkoglu got an instant technical — you just cannot make contact with a referee. There was nothing malicious here, but there is a hard and fast line about touching referees.
No surprise here, but you know it frustrates Stan Van Gundy. Everything frustrates Stan Van Gundy
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10