Mar 9, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
We told you earlier today we expected this to come down, now it is official.
Orlando forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended one game for making contact with an official, the league has announced. He will sit Sunday when the Magic take on the Pacers.
During Thursday night’s game against the Bulls, Turkoglu disagreed with a call, went over to referee Karl Lane and — to make sure Lane was paying attention — grabbed him by the shoulders. Turkoglu got an instant technical — you just cannot make contact with a referee. There was nothing malicious here, but there is a hard and fast line about touching referees.
No surprise here, but you know it frustrates Stan Van Gundy. Everything frustrates Stan Van Gundy
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91