Mar 9, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
We told you earlier today we expected this to come down, now it is official.
Orlando forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended one game for making contact with an official, the league has announced. He will sit Sunday when the Magic take on the Pacers.
During Thursday night’s game against the Bulls, Turkoglu disagreed with a call, went over to referee Karl Lane and — to make sure Lane was paying attention — grabbed him by the shoulders. Turkoglu got an instant technical — you just cannot make contact with a referee. There was nothing malicious here, but there is a hard and fast line about touching referees.
No surprise here, but you know it frustrates Stan Van Gundy. Everything frustrates Stan Van Gundy
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16