Mar 9, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
We told you earlier today we expected this to come down, now it is official.
Orlando forward Hedo Turkoglu has been suspended one game for making contact with an official, the league has announced. He will sit Sunday when the Magic take on the Pacers.
During Thursday night’s game against the Bulls, Turkoglu disagreed with a call, went over to referee Karl Lane and — to make sure Lane was paying attention — grabbed him by the shoulders. Turkoglu got an instant technical — you just cannot make contact with a referee. There was nothing malicious here, but there is a hard and fast line about touching referees.
No surprise here, but you know it frustrates Stan Van Gundy. Everything frustrates Stan Van Gundy
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6