Stephen Jackson would love to play for Bulls, but really just wants to play

Mar 8, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT

Stephen Jackson AP

Stephen Jackson is one name that is going to come up in a lot of trade rumors in the next week for two reasons:

One, the guy has a long history of being able to put the ball in the basket, and at the end of the day that is still the name of the game.

Second, he is languishing on the Bucks bench, so deep in coach Scott Skiles dog he barely ever sees the light of day.

The Bucks were in Chicago Wednesday and the Bulls could use some depth at the two with Richard Hamilton struggling to stay healthy. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com asked Jackson if he’d want to be traded to the Bulls. What did you think he would say?

“Who wouldn’t want to play with Derrick Rose? Right up the street; it would be a great fit for me. I don’t think anybody in the league would say they wouldn’t want to do that, but me, at the end of the day, I just want to play. I’ve been a competitor my whole career, I’ve won everywhere I’ve went, so at this point, I just want to get back on the court and do what I do best, wherever that is,” Jackson told CSNChicago.com Wednesday morning. “I’m just here, working out every day, just waiting for my opportunity, so I can be ready, but that’s always my goal, to win a championship and I know being on a team like that, it wouldn’t be that hard.

“It’s been tough with me because I’ve been in a situation where I haven’t been playing, a situation that doesn’t fit me and the good thing about it is hopefully something happens in the next couple of weeks where I can get somewhere where I can play. At the end of the day, I’m here supporting the team right now and just trying to stay professional until something changes,” continued the versatile veteran. “I’ve heard a lot, but it’s kind of hard because teams don’t really say too much to me, especially this organization, but I’m just keeping my fingers crossed, just continuing to keep my body ready for when it’s time.”

Basically, Jackson wants the hell out of Milwaukee. He’s not too concerned about the landing spot.

1. stayhigh_247 - Mar 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM

First off Kurt, that was a road game for the Bulls in Milwaukee, they weren’t in Chicago. But anyway, the Bulls picking this guy up might not be a bad idea given the fact the Hamilton can’t stay healthy and come playoff time they will need another real scoring option.

• lmoneyfresh - Mar 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Come on, he can only try so hard on non-heat stories.

2. hauts81 - Mar 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I feel sorry for Scott Skiles’ dog.

3. metalhead65 - Mar 8, 2012 at 11:54 AM

there is a reason he is not playing for the bucks and why he has played for half the teams in the nba. he could help the bulls or he could easily be the reason the do not go far.just depends on what mood he is in on a given day. I would not risk it if I were the bulls or any team with playoff hopes he is just to much of a headcase and not worth what he brings to a team.

4. goforthanddie - Mar 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Yeah, I’m sure I’d trip over myself trying to get this chronic malcontent traded to a possible Finals team. Trade him to CHA for a large popcorn and Pepsi. Or nachos.

5. anhdazman - Mar 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM

This guy has been a big cry baby where ever he’s been, let him rot at the end of the bench where he belongs.

6. jssgriffi - Mar 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The guys is a worthless p.o.s. Doesn’t he remember that he was one of the idiot who fought fans! He deserves to be where he’s at. That way the nba doesn’t have to worry about him “doing hood rat things with his friends.” Karma a beotch isn’t it?!

7. jeffcor7 - Mar 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Hey, I used to think Jackson was completely hopeless. But, with the Bobcats, he gave them something they have rarely had in a guy who was not afraid to take the tough shots and make a lot of them. It’s true that he turns it over too much and will take bad shots, but the guy wants the ball when it counts. Also, I would rather have a guy that gets too many technicals arguing with officials than a guy who things every game is a vacation like Boris Diaw. A team looking for a strong scorer to help with a playoff run should really take a look at Jackson.

8. fm31970 - Mar 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

You could tell when he was dealt to the Bucks he wasn’t happy about it, so it’s no surprise he wants out.

I think the main problem is not many players want to play for coach Skiles, so who would be a good fit for the Bucks? Well, besides players who put fundamentals and teamwork first, but I doubt Steve Nash and/or Grant Hill are coming to Milwaukee anytime soon.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches