Mar 8, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson is one name that is going to come up in a lot of trade rumors in the next week for two reasons:
One, the guy has a long history of being able to put the ball in the basket, and at the end of the day that is still the name of the game.
Second, he is languishing on the Bucks bench, so deep in coach Scott Skiles dog he barely ever sees the light of day.
The Bucks were in Chicago Wednesday and the Bulls could use some depth at the two with Richard Hamilton struggling to stay healthy. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com asked Jackson if he’d want to be traded to the Bulls. What did you think he would say?
“Who wouldn’t want to play with Derrick Rose? Right up the street; it would be a great fit for me. I don’t think anybody in the league would say they wouldn’t want to do that, but me, at the end of the day, I just want to play. I’ve been a competitor my whole career, I’ve won everywhere I’ve went, so at this point, I just want to get back on the court and do what I do best, wherever that is,” Jackson told CSNChicago.com Wednesday morning. “I’m just here, working out every day, just waiting for my opportunity, so I can be ready, but that’s always my goal, to win a championship and I know being on a team like that, it wouldn’t be that hard.
“It’s been tough with me because I’ve been in a situation where I haven’t been playing, a situation that doesn’t fit me and the good thing about it is hopefully something happens in the next couple of weeks where I can get somewhere where I can play. At the end of the day, I’m here supporting the team right now and just trying to stay professional until something changes,” continued the versatile veteran. “I’ve heard a lot, but it’s kind of hard because teams don’t really say too much to me, especially this organization, but I’m just keeping my fingers crossed, just continuing to keep my body ready for when it’s time.”
Basically, Jackson wants the hell out of Milwaukee. He’s not too concerned about the landing spot.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20