Mar 8, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson is one name that is going to come up in a lot of trade rumors in the next week for two reasons:
One, the guy has a long history of being able to put the ball in the basket, and at the end of the day that is still the name of the game.
Second, he is languishing on the Bucks bench, so deep in coach Scott Skiles dog he barely ever sees the light of day.
The Bucks were in Chicago Wednesday and the Bulls could use some depth at the two with Richard Hamilton struggling to stay healthy. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com asked Jackson if he’d want to be traded to the Bulls. What did you think he would say?
“Who wouldn’t want to play with Derrick Rose? Right up the street; it would be a great fit for me. I don’t think anybody in the league would say they wouldn’t want to do that, but me, at the end of the day, I just want to play. I’ve been a competitor my whole career, I’ve won everywhere I’ve went, so at this point, I just want to get back on the court and do what I do best, wherever that is,” Jackson told CSNChicago.com Wednesday morning. “I’m just here, working out every day, just waiting for my opportunity, so I can be ready, but that’s always my goal, to win a championship and I know being on a team like that, it wouldn’t be that hard.
“It’s been tough with me because I’ve been in a situation where I haven’t been playing, a situation that doesn’t fit me and the good thing about it is hopefully something happens in the next couple of weeks where I can get somewhere where I can play. At the end of the day, I’m here supporting the team right now and just trying to stay professional until something changes,” continued the versatile veteran. “I’ve heard a lot, but it’s kind of hard because teams don’t really say too much to me, especially this organization, but I’m just keeping my fingers crossed, just continuing to keep my body ready for when it’s time.”
Basically, Jackson wants the hell out of Milwaukee. He’s not too concerned about the landing spot.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record