Mar 8, 2012, 10:29 AM EST
Stephen Jackson is one name that is going to come up in a lot of trade rumors in the next week for two reasons:
One, the guy has a long history of being able to put the ball in the basket, and at the end of the day that is still the name of the game.
Second, he is languishing on the Bucks bench, so deep in coach Scott Skiles dog he barely ever sees the light of day.
The Bucks were in Chicago Wednesday and the Bulls could use some depth at the two with Richard Hamilton struggling to stay healthy. Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com asked Jackson if he’d want to be traded to the Bulls. What did you think he would say?
“Who wouldn’t want to play with Derrick Rose? Right up the street; it would be a great fit for me. I don’t think anybody in the league would say they wouldn’t want to do that, but me, at the end of the day, I just want to play. I’ve been a competitor my whole career, I’ve won everywhere I’ve went, so at this point, I just want to get back on the court and do what I do best, wherever that is,” Jackson told CSNChicago.com Wednesday morning. “I’m just here, working out every day, just waiting for my opportunity, so I can be ready, but that’s always my goal, to win a championship and I know being on a team like that, it wouldn’t be that hard.
“It’s been tough with me because I’ve been in a situation where I haven’t been playing, a situation that doesn’t fit me and the good thing about it is hopefully something happens in the next couple of weeks where I can get somewhere where I can play. At the end of the day, I’m here supporting the team right now and just trying to stay professional until something changes,” continued the versatile veteran. “I’ve heard a lot, but it’s kind of hard because teams don’t really say too much to me, especially this organization, but I’m just keeping my fingers crossed, just continuing to keep my body ready for when it’s time.”
Basically, Jackson wants the hell out of Milwaukee. He’s not too concerned about the landing spot.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 1
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8