Mar 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EST
Well, if Peyton Manning comes to Miami it’s not like he is joining a super team…
But the guys from Miami’s existing super team — the Miami Heat — made their pitch to get Manning to take his talents to South Beach.
I’m just gonna put it out thr..peyton that number 18 wld look gr8 in a dolphins uniform..steve ross let’s go.. marlins & heat style..All in
Steve Ross is the star-struck owner of the Dolphins, one of the many teams that apparently have made a pitch to Manning’s people.
Then after the Heat game Wednesday LeBron James — a big football fan — threw his weight behind the Manning to Miami movement, according to our man Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m just sayin’,” LeBron said. “Dolphins need a quarterback, and Peyton’s available….
“No, (Manning is) not a friend of mine,” LeBron said. “But I’m a Miami Heat player, and I want Miami sports to be great: The U, the Dolphins, the Marlins, the Heat, of course.”
Maybe Wade, LeBron and Chris Bosh should tweet a photo of them all sitting around an empty chair and say there is just one thing missing. It worked once before.
My guess is even if Manning comes to Miami, he’ll be a little less active on the South Beach social scene than Wade and LeBron.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16