Mar 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EST
Well, if Peyton Manning comes to Miami it’s not like he is joining a super team…
But the guys from Miami’s existing super team — the Miami Heat — made their pitch to get Manning to take his talents to South Beach.
I’m just gonna put it out thr..peyton that number 18 wld look gr8 in a dolphins uniform..steve ross let’s go.. marlins & heat style..All in
Steve Ross is the star-struck owner of the Dolphins, one of the many teams that apparently have made a pitch to Manning’s people.
Then after the Heat game Wednesday LeBron James — a big football fan — threw his weight behind the Manning to Miami movement, according to our man Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m just sayin’,” LeBron said. “Dolphins need a quarterback, and Peyton’s available….
“No, (Manning is) not a friend of mine,” LeBron said. “But I’m a Miami Heat player, and I want Miami sports to be great: The U, the Dolphins, the Marlins, the Heat, of course.”
Maybe Wade, LeBron and Chris Bosh should tweet a photo of them all sitting around an empty chair and say there is just one thing missing. It worked once before.
My guess is even if Manning comes to Miami, he’ll be a little less active on the South Beach social scene than Wade and LeBron.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 0
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 6
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 9
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43