Mar 8, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
Well, if Peyton Manning comes to Miami it’s not like he is joining a super team…
But the guys from Miami’s existing super team — the Miami Heat — made their pitch to get Manning to take his talents to South Beach.
I’m just gonna put it out thr..peyton that number 18 wld look gr8 in a dolphins uniform..steve ross let’s go.. marlins & heat style..All in
Steve Ross is the star-struck owner of the Dolphins, one of the many teams that apparently have made a pitch to Manning’s people.
Then after the Heat game Wednesday LeBron James — a big football fan — threw his weight behind the Manning to Miami movement, according to our man Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I’m just sayin’,” LeBron said. “Dolphins need a quarterback, and Peyton’s available….
“No, (Manning is) not a friend of mine,” LeBron said. “But I’m a Miami Heat player, and I want Miami sports to be great: The U, the Dolphins, the Marlins, the Heat, of course.”
Maybe Wade, LeBron and Chris Bosh should tweet a photo of them all sitting around an empty chair and say there is just one thing missing. It worked once before.
My guess is even if Manning comes to Miami, he’ll be a little less active on the South Beach social scene than Wade and LeBron.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23