Mar 8, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
Are you sick of all the Dwight Howard rumors and talk?
Derrick Rose is.
Many Bulls fans have an odd obsession with Howard — they are offended Chicago is not on his list of preferred destinations because they see a Rose/Howard pairing as a cornerstone that can contend with the Heat. They see Howard as afraid of joining another superstar or the cold weather or whatever and they are proud of their city like few others. They don’t get how he could consider the terrible Nets better than the contender Bulls.
It has led to a wild amount of Howard to the Bulls talk. And Rose is sick of it, as reported at ESPNChicago.com.
“It’s definitely getting old where I’m sick and tired of hearing it,” Rose said Thursday night before the Bulls faced the Magic at the United Center. “Like I’ve said, this city speaks for itself. Chicago, marketing wise, is a great city. If someone chooses to come here, they definitely could, but I’m cool with the teammates that I have.
“We have a winning record. It’s not like we have to change anything. But it’s not up to me, it’s up to the front office so if they make a decision, it’s up to them.”
As some of you know, before I came to NBC to run this blog I ran a Lakers blog. My advice to Bulls fans is what I said to Lakers fans for years:
Enjoy this. Savor this. Don’t get spoiled by your success. Don’t wish for what you don’t have, love what you do have. Teams like this that play amazing defense don’t come around often enough. Players like Derrick Rose don’t grace your stage often enough. Soak in these moments, don’t live for what might be.
Let go of Dwight Howard and enjoy your title contender.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54