Mar 8, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
Are you sick of all the Dwight Howard rumors and talk?
Derrick Rose is.
Many Bulls fans have an odd obsession with Howard — they are offended Chicago is not on his list of preferred destinations because they see a Rose/Howard pairing as a cornerstone that can contend with the Heat. They see Howard as afraid of joining another superstar or the cold weather or whatever and they are proud of their city like few others. They don’t get how he could consider the terrible Nets better than the contender Bulls.
It has led to a wild amount of Howard to the Bulls talk. And Rose is sick of it, as reported at ESPNChicago.com.
“It’s definitely getting old where I’m sick and tired of hearing it,” Rose said Thursday night before the Bulls faced the Magic at the United Center. “Like I’ve said, this city speaks for itself. Chicago, marketing wise, is a great city. If someone chooses to come here, they definitely could, but I’m cool with the teammates that I have.
“We have a winning record. It’s not like we have to change anything. But it’s not up to me, it’s up to the front office so if they make a decision, it’s up to them.”
As some of you know, before I came to NBC to run this blog I ran a Lakers blog. My advice to Bulls fans is what I said to Lakers fans for years:
Enjoy this. Savor this. Don’t get spoiled by your success. Don’t wish for what you don’t have, love what you do have. Teams like this that play amazing defense don’t come around often enough. Players like Derrick Rose don’t grace your stage often enough. Soak in these moments, don’t live for what might be.
Let go of Dwight Howard and enjoy your title contender.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 0
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2